Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does Jameson taste good with Coke? Yes, Jameson and Coke is a super tasty cocktail. This cocktail is a smooth fizzy sweet sipper.
What is a Jameson and Coke?
Jameson and Coke is an easy to make sweet and fizzy two ingredient highball. It tastes very much like Coke but with a little bite of the Jameson on the way down. With how smooth Jameson tastes however, this is a smooth super easy to drink cocktail.
Jameson is a triple distilled Irish whiskey. It clocks in at 40% alcohol by volume.It clocks in at 40% alcohol by volume. Jameson is extremely smooth It is a light almost fruity and vanilla tasting whiskey.
As you probably know, Coke is a sweet and fizzy soda. It really has its own taste profile unlike any other, however it does have some hints of spices and vanilla in it.
When to serve this drink
Since this drink is easy to make and easy to drink it is great for a variety of different occasions including:
- afternoon sipping
- small get togethers
- relaxing on the weekend
- any party or celebration
This two ingredient highball is perfect as is, however, if you’d like a few possible variations try one of these out:
- put an orange twist on it. Instead of using regular Jameson use Jameson orange to get an extra citrus zing added into your drink.
- Add a little coffee flavor. Switch out your regular Jameson for Jameson cold brew and get a little coffee flavor added into your Coke.
- use vanilla Coke. Instead of using regular Coke use vanilla Coke for an extra vanilla flavor that will greatly complement the flavor in your Jameson’s.
- use diet Coke or Coke zero. If you’re watching your calories or your sugar intake you can try using diet Coke or Coke zero instead of regular Coke.
You might also enjoy: whiskey and coke or crown and coke.
How to make this drink:
This drink is so easy to make all it takes is tossing your two ingredients together and giving them a stir. You can have this whipped up in 3 minutes or less.
- 2 oz Jameson
- 4 oz Coke
Start out by grabbing up everything you need to make your drink including Jameson’s, Coca-Cola, ice, jigger, bar spoon and highball glass.
Take your highball glass and fill it almost to the top with ice.
Take your jigger and your Jameson’s. Measure out 2 oz of Jameson’s and toss that into your glass with your ice.
Take your jigger and your Coca-Cola. Measure out 4 oz of Coke and toss that into your glass with your ice.
Note: If you would like to skip measuring the Coca-Cola you can do so. Simply top the glass off with your Coke. This will likely give you slightly over 4 oz in can lighten the overall taste of the Jameson in your cocktail.
Take your bar spoon and place it into your highball glass. Give your drink a couple good stirs so that everything is mixed together well.
Garnishes for this one are totally optional. However, if you’d like to add one go ahead and cut a lemon or lime into wedges. Then, take one wedge and cut a small notch between the pulp and the rind and then use that notch to place the wedge onto the rim of your glass.
Jameson and Coke
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Jameson's
- 4 oz Coke
- lemon or lime wedge optional garnish
- Start out by gathering all of your ingredients and equipment together.
- Fill your highball glass to the top with ice.
- Grab your jigger and measure 2 oz of Jameson's. Toss that into your highball glass over the ice.
- Grab your jigger and measure 4 oz of Coke. Toss that into your highball glass over the ice and Jameson's.optional: instead of measuring it out, you can just top the glass off with Coke.
- Mix your drink together:1) you can either take your bar spoon and give it a good stir.2) or, you can gently pour the glass of liquid and ice into your cocktail shaker and then pour everything back into your glass.
- optional garnish: you can add a lemon or lime wedge as an optional garnish. Simply cut them into slices, take one slice and cut a notch in the pulp, use that notch to secure it on the rim of your glass.
Leave a Reply