If you love the sweet and little bit of tart flavor in pixie stix, the this equally yummy pixie stix Martini is a must try. This light purple drink is so yummy and will take you back to your childhood days.
What is a Pixie Stix Martini?
A pixie stix martini is a combination of cherry vodka, grape schnapps, triple sec, sweet and sour mix and Sprite. The slightly purple drink tastes like a sweet and slightly sour grape pixie stick with a little hint of cherry.
If you love the pixie stix flavor, but don’t want the whole martini, give this pixie stix shot a try.
The grape schnapps provides the light purple color in the string as well as a sweet grape flavor and a little bit of sourness. It is a lower alcohol My volume liqueur at around 15%.
The sweet and sour flavors come from three different ingredients in this drink. The triple sec, the sweet and sour mix and the sprite.
The majority of the alcohol content in this drink is provided by the Cherry vodka. Cherry vodka is a lightly sweet cherry flavored liquor. You can use any brand, our favorite is veil or three olives.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is a fun cocktail to serve up during times like:
- After dinner drinks
- Birthday parties
- Cocktail hour
If you like to substitute any ingredient makeup you changes, then try one of these ideas out:
- Use plain vodka. Cut out the flavored vodka and let the orange liqueurs and schnapps or pucker used dominate the flavors.
- Rim the glass. Use pixie sticks and simple syrup to rim the glass for extra flavor.
- Use grape vodka. Double down on the grape pixie stix flavor by using a grape vodka.
- Use sour cherry schnapps. Substitute the grape pucker for sour cherry shops to replicate a cherry pixie stix flavor.
- Use blueberry schnapps. Another common pixie stix flavor is blueberry. Use blueberry schnapps to replicate this flavor.
- Make it orange. The other common pixie stix flavor is orange. Use orange vodka and orange schnapps to replicate this one.
How to make this drink:
You should be able to have your five ingredients shaken up in 5 minutes or less. Dump them all your in your shaker and you’re ready to go.
- 1 oz Cherry vodka
- 1 oz Grape Schnapps
- .5 oz Triple sec
- .5 oz Sweet and sour mix
- Top sprite (about .5 oz)
Gather everything for this martini together including martini glass, Sprite, sweet and sour mix, triple sec, cherry vodka, grape pucker, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, and jigger and ice.
Pop your martini glass into the freezer so that it has time to chill. Then, dump a couple handfuls of ice into the cocktail shaker.
Use a jigger to measure 1 oz of cherry vodka. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Use a jigger to measure 1 oz of grape pucker. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Use a jigger to measure 5 oz of triple sec. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Use a jigger to measure 0.5 oz of sweet and sour mix. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Use a jigger to measure 1 oz of Sprite. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Cover the shaker with its lid and shake well until the shaker becomes cold to the touch. Usually this will take around 15 to 20 seconds.
Grab the martini glass from the freezer now that it is chilled.
Pop off the shaker lid and replace it with the Hawthorne strainer. Then, strain the pixie stix martini from the shaker into the glass.
Pixie Stix Martini
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Martini glass
- 1 oz Cherry Vodka
- 1 oz Grape Schnapps
- .5 oz Triple Sec
- .5 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- .5 oz sprite
- Pop the martini glass into the freezer to chill while you mix the drink up.
- Fill the shaker to the top with ice.
- Grab the cherry vodka and measure 1 oz using the jigger. Dump the cherry vodka into the shaker.cherry vodka; 1 oz grape schapps; .5 triple sec and sweet and sour mix; top sprite
- Grab the grape schnapps and measure 1 oz using the jigger. Dump the grape schnapps into the shaker
- Grab the triple sec and measure .5 oz using the jigger. Dump the triple sec into the shaker
- Grab the sweet and sour mix and measure .5 oz using the jigger. Dump the sweet and sour mix into the shaker
- Grab the sprite and measure .5 oz using the jigger. Dump the sprite into the shakernote: you can also just add a splash of sprite directly into the shaker if you prefer.
- Take the shaker top and put it on the shaker.
- Shake it up for about 20 seconds or until the shaker is icy on the outside.
- Take the chilled glass out of the freezer.
- Take the shaker top off and put the hawthorne strainer on.
- Strain the drink into the martini glass.