If you’re looking for a cute candy inspired shot to try out, then this pink starburst shot is what you’re looking for. This fun concoction is a pretty pink color that resembles the candy of the same name. This shot is sure to bring a burst of fruity enjoyment to your next gathering.
🥂 What is a Pink Starburst Shot?
A pink starburst shot is a pretty pink drink that is a combination of equal parts watermelon pucker, vanilla vodka and sweet and sour mix.
This super easy candy inspired shot only takes three ingredients and a little shaking to get ready. You don’t need to do anything fancy for this shot and so you can have it shaken up in 3 minutes or less.
This shot recipe is so delicious. Here are just a few reasons why you might want to try it:
- Pretty pink color. This shot has a vibrant pink color and it makes it perfect to impress your guests or to go with the theme of a party, event or get together.
- Tastes like candy. What’s better than sweet candy? A little bit of alcohol added in! This shot tastes just like a pink watermelon starburst.
- Super quick and easy. With only three ingredients and a little shaking needed this shot can be ready in no time. If you have 3 minutes then you have enough time to make this drink.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
You’re just a few events to consider serving this shot at:
- Valentine’s Day
- Birthday parties
- Bachelorette parties
- Girls night out or in
You don’t want to do too much in the way of flavor variations or ingredient substitutions in this shot or you’ll lose the candy flavor. However, here are a few things you can try:
- Add a pink sugar rim. If you want to really Make this even more eye-catching than it already is. You can add a pink sugar rim. Simply take a little simple syrup and roll your shot glass rim in it. Then, roll the shot glass rim in pink sanding sugar.
- Make it strawberry flavored. Pink starburst actually are strawberry flavored in some packages and watermelon flavored and others. To make this a strawberry-themed drink replace the watermelon pucker with strawberry schnapps or tequila Rose and the vanilla vodka with strawberry vodka.
- Make it a cocktail. This is a very low alcohol drink. So it’s easy to make it as a cocktail without going overboard. Simply multiply the ingredients by two times and serve this in a rocks glass over ice.
- .75 oz Watermelon pucker
- .75 oz Vanilla vodka
- .75 oz Sweet and sour
- (optional) Pink starburst garnish
The first one to gather everything together. This includes cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, vanilla vodka, watermelon pucker, ice, sweet and sour, shot glass, jigger and a pink starburst for garnish.
Take the ice and fill your cocktail shaker up to the top with it. Also open the starburst and cut a small notch in the corner. Then place it on the rim of the shot glass.
Measure out 0.75 oz of sweet and sour mix. Then, add that to the shaker.
Measure out 0.75 oz of watermelon pucker. Then, add that to the shaker.
Measure 0.75 oz of vanilla vodka. Then, add that to the shaker.
Place the lid on top of the cocktail shaker. Spend 15 to 20 seconds shaking well so that the ingredients are thoroughly combined and chilled inside.
Pop the top off the shaker and carefully pour your shot into the shot glass.
Pink Starburst Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Watermelon pucker
- .75 oz Vanilla Vodka
- .75 oz Sweet and sour mix
- Start out by adding some ice to the cocktail shaker. The ice should fill the shaker to the top.
- Take the watermelon pucker. Pour .75 oz of it with the jigger and dump it into the shaker.
- Take the vanilla vodka. Pour .75 oz of it with the jigger and dump it into the shaker.
- Take the sweet and sour mix. Pour .75 oz of it with the jigger and dump it into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker up with the lid and shake it well. Usually it will get cold on the outside after about 15 seconds.
- Take the shaker lid off. Cover the shaker up with the strainer.
- Pour the drink into the shot glass.
- If adding an optional garnish, cut a small notch in a pink starbust and place it on the rim of the glass.