Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a fun and easy candy inspired shot to try? Try out this pretty, sweet green colored smarties shot. This one is so easy to make as you only need two ingredients.
What is a Smarties Shot?
A smarties shot is a simple combination of equal parts grape pucker and Midori liqueur. The shot is a very low alcohol drink and has a sweet fruit flavor. I’m not sure that I would say it tastes exactly like a Smarties candy though.
Midori is a neon green melon flavored liqueur. It originated in Japan and is made from muskmelons. It has a sweet almost honeydew like flavor. It is used often times to give drinks a bright green color. Like this broken down golf cart shot.
Grape pucker is a dark purple colored schnapps. It has a sweet and sour grape flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
This fun and low alcohol content shot can be served out of a variety of get togethers including:
- Birthday party
- St Patrick’s Day
- After dinner drinks
- Cocktail hour
How to make this drink:
All you have to do for this one is shake your two ingredients together. You should be able to whip it up in 2 minutes or less.
- .75 oz Grape schnapps
- .75 oz Midori
Gather up your Midori, grape pucker, hawthorn strainer, cocktail shaker, jigger, ice and shot glass.
Toss some ice into the cocktail shaker.
Pick up the Midori. Measure out 0.75 oz and dump it into the shaker.
Pick up the grape pucker. Measure out 0.75 oz and dump it into the shaker.
Put the lid on the shaker. Shake it well for around 15 seconds or so. The shaker will become icy to the touch.
Pop the lid off the shaker and strain the Smarties shot into the shot glass.
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- .75 oz Grape Schnapps
- .75 oz Midori
- Gather together all the equipment and ingredients listed so you can make this shot.
- Pick up some ice and use it to fill the shaker to the top.
- Pick up the grape schnapps. Add .75 oz of grape schnapps to the shaker by measuring it with the jigger.
- Pick up the midori. Add .75 oz of midori to the shaker by measuring it with the jigger.
- Pick up the shaker top and cover the shaker with it.
- Shake well. After around 15 or 20 seconds, the shaker will feel cold.
- Pick up the hawthorne strainer and replace it for the shaker top.
- Pour the drink from the cocktail shaker to the shot glass.