Looking for a sweet and sour fruity flavored drink for sipping? Give this raspberry vodka sour a try. With only three ingredients it’s super easy to make and perfect for your next warm weather celebration.
What is a Raspberry Vodka Sour?
A raspberry vodka sour is a combination of raspberry vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup. This cocktail tastes probably how you would imagine, it has a twist of sweet raspberry interlaced with a tangy citrus sour flavor and a hint of vodka.
This cocktail is one variation of the family of sour drinks. Sour drinks are cocktails which are a combination of a liquor, simple syrup and a citrus juice (most commonly lemon juice). Some fun variations include the passion fruit sour, amaretto sour and the frangelico sour.
For the simple syrup you can either use store-bought or make your own. Simple syrup is essentially a combination of granulated sugar and water.
For the lemon juice you can again squeeze your own or buy it at the store. Squeezing your own tends to lead to a fresher flavor.
Raspberry vodka is a type of flavored vodka. It is a light, sweet raspberry flavor. The raspberry vodka is the only alcohol content in this cocktail.
When to Make This Drink:
The light, fruity and sour flavor and ings of making this drink lend it to be served at times like:
- pool parties
- spring get togethers
- afternoon sipping
Want to keep the sweet fruity and sour flavor of this drink but mix it up a little? Try a few of these tips:
- Muddle raspberries. Muddle a few raspberries and with a simple syrup to get a fresh raspberry fruit flavor.
- Use an egg white. Sour drinks often time have an egg white added in. You can certainly add one to this.
- Use raspberry simple syrup. Fully capitalize on the raspberry flavor by using a raspberry simple syrup in this drink.
- Use raspberry lemonade. Use this instead of the lemon juice to get a sweet raspberry citrus flavor. This will result in a sweeter drink.
How to make this drink:
A little shaking and your drink will be ready. If you have 3 minutes you can shake this one right up.
- 2 oz Raspberry vodka
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- .75 oz Simple syrup
Gather up everything needed for this drink including rocks glass, ice, jigger, cocktail shaker, hawthorn strainer, lemon juice, simple syrup and raspberry vodka.
Add ice into your shaker and your glass. You can build this drink in the glass or shaker but you will shake it together in the shaker either way.
Use a jigger to measure 2 oz of raspberry vodka. Then, toss it into the shaker or glass.
Use a jigger to measure 1 oz of lemon juice. Then, toss it into the shaker or glass.
Use a jigger to measure .5 oz of simple syrup. Then, toss it into the shaker or glass.
If you decided to build this drink in the glass go ahead and add the entire contents to the shaker. Put the top on the shaker and shake it up. They shaker will become cold after about 20 or 30 seconds.
Remove the shaker lid and pour the drink back into the glass.
Raspberry Vodka Sour
- cocktail shaker
- Rocks glass
- 2 oz Raspberry vodka
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- Add ice to both the glass until it is filled to the top.
- Pour 2 oz of raspberry vodka into the jigger. Then, pour it into the glass.
- Pour 1 oz of lemon juice into the jigger. Then, pour it into the glass.
- Pour .75 oz of simple syrup into the jigger. Then, pour it into the glass.
- To mix the the drink, gently toss the contents of the glass into the shaker and then from the shaker back into the glass.
- Add ice to the shaker also.
- Measure all of the ingredients directly into the shaker.
- Put the shaker top on and shake for about 15 seconds.
- Pour the drink into the glass.