Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is it tequila espresso martini good? Yes, tequila espresso martini is a super delicious sweet and coffee infused cocktail. If you’re a coffee lover, this one is perfect for you.
What is a Tequila Espresso Martini?
A tequila espresso martini is a combination of Kahlua, tequila and espresso coffee. The resulting martini is a strong coffee flavored drink that has a sweet tequila flavor as it goes down.
Tequila is made by distilling the blue agave plant. Is a clear liquor made in Mexico. There are few different variations of tequila such as silver and gold. Silver tequila is the tequila of choice for this drink.
Silver tequila is an unaged tequila. It has a lighter flavor that is slightly sweet and a little spicy.
Espresso is a type of coffee that originated in Italy. It tends to be very strong and rich flavored. This is due to the fact that it is made with just a small amount of water whereas regular coffee is made with much more water.
Occasions to serve this drink
With it’s full flavor and ease of making, this cocktail is great for a variety of situations such as:
- after dinner drinks
- late afternoon cocktails
- launch cocktail
- holiday parties
There are a few ways you can change this drink up including:
- Switch out the Kahlua. Blue is not the only brand of coffee flavored before. You can switch us out for another brand such as Tia Maria.
- Add a little sweetness. If you like your coffee sweetened, you might want a little sweetness in the martini as well. You can add a little dash of simple syrup to sweeten it up.
- Make your own espresso. Typically we will buy coldest pressure from the store for this drink. However you can make your own espresso at home and chill it before making your drink.
How to make this drink:
With only three simple ingredients and no garnishes or glass trimming necessary, this martini is super easy to make. You should be able to toss this one together and shake it up in 3 minutes or less.
- 1.5 oz kahlua
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1.5 oz espresso coffee
Start out by making sure you have everything necessary for this drink including Kahlua, tequila, cold brew espresso, martini glass, ice, jigger, cocktail shaker and Hawthorne strainer.
Grab your martini glass and put it into the freezer to chill it.
Also, grab a few handfuls of ice and use them to show your cocktail shaker almost the top.
Using your jigger, measure out 1.5 oz of Kahlua. Dump the Kahlua from the jigger into your shaker.
Using a jigger measure at 1.5 oz of tequila. Dump the tequila from the jigger into the shaker with the Kahlua.
Using a jigger measure 1.5 oz of cold brew espresso. Dump the cold brew from the jigger into the shaker with the tequila and Kahlua.
Go ahead and place the lid on top of your cocktail shaker. Then, shake it well. This should take around 15 to 20 seconds or until the outside of the shaker is cool to the touch.
Remove your martini glass from the freezer.
Remove the lid from your shaker and replace it with the Hawthorne strainer. Then, strain your drink from the shaker into your glass.
Tequila Espresso Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Tequla
- 1.5 oz Kahlua
- 1.5 oz Espresso chilled
- Collect everything needed to make this drink.
- Put the martini glass into the freezer to chill it.
- Put some ice into the shaker. It should be filled about to the top.
- Pick up the tequila and measure out 1.5 oz. Dump that into the shaker.
- Pick up the kahlua and measure out 1.5 oz. Dump that into the shaker.
- Pick up the espresso and measure out 1.5 oz. Dump that into the shaker.
- Pick up the shaker lid and put it on top of the shaker.
- Shake well for around 15 – 20 seconds. The outside of the shaker should become icy.
- Take the martini glass out of the freezer
- Remove the shaker lid and put the strainer over top of the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the glass.