Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This peppermint espresso martini is the perfect pick me up to add in to your next winter holiday celebrations. This drink is easy to make and has a kick of coffee and the refreshing bite of peppermint.
What is a Peppermint Espresso Martini?
A peppermint espresso martini is a combination of cold espresso, Kahlua, vodka and peppermint schnapps. This martini tastes like a sweet peppermint flavored iced coffee It has a refreshing kick and the bite of vodka is completely smoothed out.
Kahlua is a sweet coffee flavored liqueur. It lends a little extra alcohol content to the strength as well as a sweet coffee flavor.
Vodka is the main source of alcohol content in this cocktail. It is a clear liquor that is well known for blending in with the flavors of the other ingredients in a drink.
Peppermint schnapps is a clear liqueur. It provides the sweet, strong and refreshing peppermint flavor for this cocktail.
You can use either homemade espresso or store-bought cold brew espresso. If you make your own at home, be sure that it is completely chilled for using it in the drink. If you buy it in the store, make sure to read the instructions on the bottle as some need water added to them.
Not a fan of espresso? Try out this plain peppermint martini instead.
When to Make This Drink:
This cocktail has a sweet flavor and a kick of caffeine. It is well suited for serving at occasion such as:
- Christmas parties
- New Year’s Eve
- Winter celebrations
- winter brunch
There are several ways you can make this drink taste similar, but change out the ingredients. Try a few of these ideas:
- Substitute peppermint schnapps. Try using creme de menthe instead of peppermint schnapps to get a minty flavor.
- Make it creamy. Add a splash of heavy cream if you would like to make a creamier drink.
- Use flavored vodka. Try out a coffee flavored vodka if you want to double down on the espresso flavor. Or, try a peppermint flavored vodka if you want to double down on the peppermint flavor.
- Add a rim for garnish. Make it even more festive by adding a crushed peppermint candy rim. Crush up candy canes or peppermint candies. Lay them in a thin layer on a saucer. Then, put some simple syrup on the rim of your glass and then roll the rim in the crushed candy.
Other coffee based martinis are: tequila espresso martini, cold brew martini, espresso martini and hazelnut espresso martini.
How to make this drink:
With only four ingredients this martini is super easy to make. You should be able to have this one shaken up in 5 minutes or less.
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Cold brew
- .5 oz Peppermint schnapps
Start out by gathering everything necessary to make this drink including martini glass, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger, vodka, peppermint schnapps, Kahlua, ice and cold espresso.
Take your martini glass and stick it into the freezer so that it can chill while you are making the drink.
Then, grab a couple handfuls of ice and fill your cocktail shaker to the top with it.
Pick up the vodka and your jigger. Use the jigger to measure 1 oz of vodka. Then, pour the vodka into the cocktail shaker.
Pick up the jigger and cold brew espresso. Use jigger to measure 1 oz of cold espresso. Then, pour the espresso into the cocktail shaker.
Pick up the jigger and Kahlua. Use a jigger to measure 1 oz of Kahlua. Then, pour the Kahlua into the cocktail shaker.
Pick up the jigger and peppermint schnapps. Use a jigger to measure 0.5 oz of peppermint schnapps. Then, pour the peppermint schnapps into the shaker.
Place the shaker lid on top of the shaker so that it is covered up. Then, shake the drink well for around 30 seconds or until the shaker gets cold on the outside.
Remove the chilled martini glass from the freezer.
Then, take the shaker lid off and put the hawthorne strainer over the shaker. Pour your drink from the shaker into the Martini glass.
Peppermint Espresso Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Cold Brew/Espresso
- .5 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- Ensure that you have all ingredients and equipment gathered and ready to go.
- Put your martini glass into the freezer to chill it.
- Grab some ice and toss it into your shaker. The shaker should be filled almost to the top.
- Grab the Kahlua and measure 1 oz of kahlua with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Grab the Vodka and measure 1 oz of vodka with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Grab the cold brew/espresso and measure 1 oz of cold brew/espresso with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Grab the peppermint schnapps and measure .5 oz of peppermint schnapps with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Pop the shaker lid on and shake well. The shaker should be icy and cold on the outside.
- Take your martini glass out of the freezer.
- Remove the shaker lid and put the strainer over top.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the martini glass.
Leave a Reply