Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re a coffee lover, but are looking for a fun cocktail, try out this cold brew martini. This super delicious and easy to make coffee infused martini drink is sure to be a homerun.
What is a Cold Brew Martini?
A cold brew martini is a combination of cold brew coffee, Kahlua and vodka. It is very similar to an espresso martini, but with cold brew substituted in for espresso. The resulting cocktail is served in a martini glass. It tastes like a sweet and smooth iced coffee. The bite of the vodka is almost not noticeable.
Vodka is a type of liquor that is commonly used in cocktails when you want to add a boost of alcohol, but don’t want an overwhelming flavor. It fits in well in this martini as It just gives a little alcoholic bite, but let’s see other coffee flavored ingredients shine through.
Kahlua is a dark rich colored liqueur that originated in Mexico. It is made from arabica coffee beans, sugar and rum. It is sweet and has a strong coffee flavor.
Cold brew is a concentrated type of coffee. It is made by steeping ground coffee in water for an extended period of time. You can purchase premade cold brew at the store or you use homemade cold brew.
When to Make This Drink:
This a drink is perfect for a wide range of drinking occasions from a midday pick me up to a celebration. Try it out at some of the following times:
- afternoon sipping
- After dinner drinks
- holiday parties
If you’re thinking about substituting some of the ingredients in this drink, or perhaps you want to change the flavor a little, try these techniques out:
- Use coffee flavored vodka. Substitute the plane or regular vodka for an espresso or coffee flavored vodka to ramp up the coffee flavor.
- Substitute the Kahlua. You can use any type of coffee liqueur to substitute for the Kahlua such as Tia Maria.
- Add a decadent garnish. If you want to make this more of a dessert drink, add a large dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Make it creamy. You can add a little bit of Irish cream if you’d like to make the cocktail creamier and smoother.
How to make this drink:
With three simple ingredients, you can whip this one up and well under 5 minutes. Simply dump your ingredients in a shaker and shake them up.
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Cold brew
- 1 oz Kahlua
Round up all of the items needed to make this martini including jigger, Hawthorne strainer, cocktail shaker, martini glass, ice, cold brew, vodka and Kahlua.
Stick your martini glass into the freezer to allow it to chill.
Grab your ice and your shaker. Toss the ice into the shaker so that it is almost filled to the top.
Grab your cold brew. If using a store-bought concentrate, make sure to follow the instructions on the bottle for diluting it with water.
Measure out 1.5 oz of cold brew with your jigger. Then, toss it into the shaker.
Grab the vodka. Measure out 1.5 oz of vodka with a jigger. Then toss it into the shaker with the cold brew.
Grab the Kahlua. Measure out 1 oz of Kahlua with a jigger. Then, toss it into the shaker with the vodka and cold brew.
Grab the lid to the shaker and cover the shaker with it. Shake well until the outside of the shaker becomes icy to the touch. Typically, this will take around 20 seconds.
Grab your martini glass out of the freezer.
Replace the shaker lid with the Hawthorne strainer. Then, strain your martini from the shaker into the glass.
Cold Brew Martini
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Cold Brew
- 1 oz Kahlua
- Gather together everything listed above as ingredients and equipment needed.
- Put the martini glass into the freezer to chill.
- Put some ice into the cocktail shaker. The ice should fill the shaker up.
- Pick up the vodka. Measure 1.5 oz of vodka with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Pick up the cold brew. Measure 1.5 oz of cold brew with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Pick up the kahlua. Measure 1 oz of kahlua with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Pick up the lid for the shaker and cover the shaker with it.
- Shake it up for around 15 – 20 seconds until the shaker is icy to touch.
- Remove the chilled martini glass from the freezer.
- Pick up the strainer and replace it with the shaker lid.
- Pour the drink into the glass.