Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is Brandy and coffee good? Absolutely it is! Brandy coffee is sort of like a coffee infused brandy Alexander. This one is warm, sweet and fruity and you don’t want to miss it!
What is a Brandy Coffee?
A Brandy coffee is a combination of hot coffee, cream to cacao and Brandy. This drink is similar to a brandy Alexander only it doesn’t have heavy cream and it does have coffee.
This coffee cocktail is a warm and rich cocktail that tastes like coffee infused with sweet fruit with a little hit of chocolate on the back end.
Creme de cacao comes in both light and dark. Either one work fine for this drink. It is a liqueur with a sweet chocolatey flavor.
You can brew your coffee anyway you prefer. We recommend to make a strong coffee and use a high quality bean since it is a highlight of the drink.
Brandy is made essentially by fermenting fruit and then distilling it. Brandy’s can have different flavors. However most are sweet and fruity.
When to Make This Drink:
This warm cocktail is nice to serve at occasions including:
- cocktail hour
- after dinner drinks
- winter holidays
If you would like to change this drink up a little, try one of these ideas out:
- Add a little cream. You can use heavy cream or even a dairy-free milk to add a little sweet creaminess to the drink.
- Add a little Kahlua. Add a little additional liquor and capitalize on the sweet coffee flavor by adding a little Kahlua.
- Add some spice garnish. Add a couple sprinkles of nutmeg or even cinnamon to add a little spice to the flavor.
- Use a flavored coffee. Try out a sweet flavored coffee to add a little extra to this drink.
- Make it decadent. Add a large dollop of whipped cream and even some chocolate shavings if you want to make this more of a dessert drink.
- Use decaf. Try serving this in the evening and use decaffeinated coffee.
How to make this drink:
The bulk of your time making this drink will be spent brewing your coffee. Once your coffee’s ready all you have to do is toss the ingredients together and stir them up.
- 1 oz creme de Cacao
- 2 oz Brandy
- 4 – 5 oz Coffee
Collect all the necessary items for this cocktail including creme de cacao, Brandy, rocks glass or mug, jigger, bar spoon and hot coffee.
Pick your favorite coffee brewing method and brew up a fresh pot.
Take your jigger and measure 1 oz of creme de cacao. Then, toss it into the glass.
Take your jigger and measure 2 oz of brandy. Then, toss it into the glass.
Take your jigger and measure 4 to 5 oz of coffee. Then, toss it into the glass.
Pro tip: go ahead and skip the jigger measuring for this step. Instead, pour the hot coffee directly into the glass until the glass is filled to the top.
If you’d like, you can stir the drink with a bar spoon before sipping.
- Rocks glass
- Coffee Pot
- 1 oz Creme de Cacao
- 2 oz Brandy
- 4 – 5 oz Coffee
- Make a pot of coffee using your preferred brewing method.
- Use the jigger and measure 1 oz of creme de Cacao. Toss it into the glass.
- Use the jigger and measure 2 oz of brandy. Toss it into the glass.
- Use the jigger and measure 4 – 5 oz of coffee. Toss it into the glass.Tip: or you can skip measuring with the jigger and pour the coffee directly into the glass to top it off.