Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is Brandy good with eggnog? Yes, Brandy and eggnog is a super decadent easy to make cocktail.Try out this Brandy and eggnog cocktail for any of your winter holiday get togethers.
What is a Brandy and Eggnog?
A Brandy and eggnog is a super easy two ingredient cocktail with a fruity and creamy taste. It’s cocktail is very easy to mix up You just need some brandy and eggnog and you’re good to go.
Brandy is a liquor which is made typically by distilling either fermented fruit or wine. It usually has a fruity and very sweet flavor. Sometimes, the flavor can also have a hint of nut or oak in it due to the fact that it is aged in oak barrels or casks.
Eggnog is made from milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and eggs. It is a very rich and thick drink. It has a decadent sweet almost custard like taste. You can either buy eggnog from the store or you can make your own eggnog.
Brandy and eggnog is a great cocktail for many different occasions. Here are a few good ones to try it at:
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve
- Winter holiday parties
- Small winter get togethers
How to make this drink:
This cocktail is so easy to meet It takes only about two minutes. All you have to do to get this one ready is to toss your brandy and your eggnog and give it a stir.
- 2 oz Brandy
- 4 oz Eggnog
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg
To get started, gather together your highball glass, jigger, bar spoon, Brandy, eggnog and cinnamon or nutmeg.
Note: for this drink you can either use a highball glass or a rocks glass. Either work just fine.
Next, go ahead and fill your highball glass almost to the top with ice.
For these instructions, we are going to mix together all of our ingredients straight into our glass. However, if you wanted to mixture ingredients in a cocktail shaker instead you could do that. If you choose to mix in a cocktail shaker, at this point you will also want to fill that full of ice.
Take your jigger and use that to measure 2 oz of brandy. Pour your brandy from your jigger into your highball glass over the ice.
Then, take your jigger and use it to measure 4 oz of eggnog. Pour your eggnog from your jigger into your highball glass over your ice with your brandy.
Use your bar spoon, insert it into your glass and give your brandy an eggnog a few good stirs so that it is thoroughly mixed together.
Grab either some cinnamon or nutmeg. Sprinkle a little on the top of your drink. Your cocktail is now ready to enjoy!
Brandy and Eggnog
- bar spoon
- highball glass or rocks glass
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz brandy
- 4 oz eggnog
- cinnamon or nutmeg (optional garnish)
- Get together your ingredients and equipment.Note: You can either mix this drink with a bar spoon in your glass or you can mix it in a cocktail shaker. Mixing in the glass instructions are in the step by step below.If you want to use your shaker: fill it with ice, pour in your ingredients, shake well, strain it into your glass.
- Fill your glass up to the top with ice.Note: you can use either a highball or a rocks glass for this cocktail.
- Pick up your brandy and your jigger. Using your jigger, measure 2 oz of brandy. Pour the brandy into your glass.
- Pick up your eggnog and your jigger. Using your jigger, measure 4 oz of eggnog. Pour the eggnog into your glass.
- Pick up your bar spoon, place it in your glass and use it to thoroughly mix your drink together.
- Put several dashes of either cinnamon or nutmeg onto the top of your drink.