Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This cherry cheesecake shot is a super easy very sweet dessert shot. If you are a fan of cherry cheesecake you don’t want to miss out on this one!
What is a Cherry Cheesecake Shot?
A cherry cheesecake shot is a combination of vodka or vanilla vodka, grenadine and pineapple juice. The resulting bright red colored shot tastes just like cherry cheesecake. It is sweet and cherry flavored.
Vanilla vodka is a clear liquor. It is made like other vodkas from fermenting and distilling grains. However, where is regular vodka is typically neutral flavored, vanilla vodka has a sweet vanilla flavor added in.
Grenadine adds the sweet flavor and red color to this shot. It is a bright red sweet syrup. It is made from pomegranates, the many people feel it tastes like cherries. Most grenadine based drinks have a pretty red color to them like this one does.
For the pineapple juice, you want to make sure you are using fresh and 100% pineapple juice in this shot.
When to Make This Drink:
This cheesecake like shot is perfect for celebrations and parties including:
- birthday parties
- holiday parties
- Valentine’s Day
- date nights
Since the shot is not a standardized shot, there are several ways you can change up the ingredients and still have a similar flavored shot. Try some of these out:
- Use whipped cream vodka. Whipped cream vodka and vanilla vodka have a similar flavor. The main difference is whipped cream vodka has a slightly creamy flavor as well.
- Use cake vodka. Cake vodka tastes quite similar to yellow cake. It would be a good substitute for the vanilla vodka to still get that cake like flavor in the shot.
- Cranberry juice. Some recipes for this shot call for cranberry juice instead of pineapple juice. It does help maintain the red flavor of the shot, however cranberry juice is much less sweet than pineapple juice so the resulting shot is a little more tart.
- Use cherry juice. If you really want to ramp up the cherry flavor in this shot, replace the pineapple juice with a sweetened or unsweetened cherry juice.
- Layer it. If you want a more fancy looking shot, you can layer this one. Simply mix up the juice and vodka. Then, add the grenadine to the glass last and it will sink to the bottom.
For other cake and pie flavored shots, try out: banana cream pie shot, pineapple upside down cake shot, birthday cake shot and key lime pie shot.
How to make this drink:
With only three ingredients and no elaborate glass rimming or garnishes needed, this shot can be whipped up in 3 minutes or less. Simply shake your ingredients together and get sipping.
- .75 oz Vodka or Vanilla Vodka
- .75 oz Grenadine
- .25 oz Pineapple juice
Make sure you’ve got everything you need including jigger, shot glass, hotpoint strainer, cocktail shaker, grenadine, pineapple juice, ice and vanilla vodka.
Grab your cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. The shaker should be almost completely filled.
Grab your pineapple juice. Using your jigger measure 0.25 oz and toss it into the shaker.
Grab your vanilla vodka. Using your jigger, measure 0.75 oz and toss it into the shaker.
Grab your grenadine. Using your jigger, measure 0.75 oz and toss it into the shaker.
Grab your shaker lid and put it on the shaker. Shake everything up until these shaker is cold and icy to the touch. Typically it’ll take around 15 to 20 seconds.
Replace the shaker lid with a Hawthorne strainer. Then, strain your shot from the shaker into the glass. Enjoy!
Cherry Cheesecake Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Vanilla Vodka
- .75 oz Grenadine
- .25 oz Pineapple Juice
- Make sure you have everything needed to make this shot gathered up.
- Take some ice and use it to fill your shaker almost to the top.
- Take the vanilla vodka. Use the jigger and measure .75 oz. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the grenadine Use the jigger and measure .75 oz. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the pineapple juice. Use the jigger and measure .25 oz. Then, pour it into the shaker.
- Take the lid to the shaker and put it on the shaker.
- Shake it up for about 15 seconds. The shaker should get icy to the touch.
- Remove the shaker lid.
- Take the hawthorne strainer and put it on the shaker.
- Pour the shot into the shot glass.
Leave a Reply