Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This key lime pie shot is like dessert in a glass. It is the perfect combination of tart, sweet and delicious. If you love the taste of key Lime pie and you should give this one a try.
What is a Key Lime Pie shot?
A key lime pie shot is a combination of whipped cream vodka, key lime juice and simple syrup with graham crackers and whipped cream to top it off. It truly tastes exactly like key lime pie.
With its tangy and sweet flavor this shot is perfect for any spring or summer time occasion. From poolside parties to backyard barbecues to after dinner drinks to an afternoon on your front porch with your friend this shot works for them all.
Not into shots, but like key lime pie? Try the Key lime pie Martini.
The sweet dessert taste in this shot surprisingly good for the amount of time it takes to whip this one up. It will absolutely be a crowd pleaser if any get together you serve it at.
Other tasty dessert food themed shots are: Girl Scout Cookie Shot, Crispy Crunch Shot and the Chocolate Cake Shot
Tips for perfect key lime pie shot
This shot is relatively easy to make, however, here are a few tips to make it taste the best:
- Take the shot all at once. The combination of graham crackers on the ranch and whipped cream on top mixed with the actual drink is what contributes to the overall flavor.
- If you don’t have whipped cream vodka you can use regular vodka and maybe add a little Irish cream to it for the creamy flavor. The whipped cream vodka delivers the best flavor but you can substitute.
- If you want it to be a little less time, you can use 75 oz instead of 1 oz of key lime juice.
- Bottled key lime juice or fresh squeezed key lime juice both work just fine.
How to make this drink:
The most time consuming part of this drink is doing the garnish and rim. However, you can still whip this one up in 5 minutes or less.
- 1 oz Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1 oz Key Lime Juice
- .25 oz Simple Syrup
- Graham Cracker
- Whipped Cream
Make sure you have your whipped cream vodka, key lime juice, simple syrup, whipped cream, Graham crackers, saucer, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer and a shot glass.
Top your cocktail shaker off with ice. The ice should almost completely fill it.
Grab a hold of your jigger in your whipped cream vodka. Use your jigger to measure 1 oz of whipped cream vodka and pour that over the ice into your cocktail shaker.
Grab your jigger and your key lime juice. Use your sugar to measure 1 oz of key lime juice and pour that over the ice and vodka in your cocktail shaker.
Grab your jigger again. This time also grab your simple syrup. Use your jigger to measure .25 oz of simple syrup and add that to your Shaker with your key lime juice and vodka.
Grab a hold of your Shaker lid and place that on top of your shaker.
Now go ahead and rim your glass. Either use an ice cube to rub around the rim of the glass and wet it or if you’re using fresh squeezed key lime juice you can take a lime and rub that around the rim to wet it.
Smash up your graham crackers on a saucer plate so that they’re in a thin layer. Then take your wet glass and place it rim down in the graham crackers. Roll the glass turn around until the rim is fully covered.
Now, back to your shaker. Go ahead and shake everything up for about 15 seconds or so or until the outside is cold and icy to the touch.
Remove the top of your Shaker and slap the hawthorn strainer on top. Then pour your drink from your Shaker into your shot glass.
Top everything off with a large dollop of whipped cream.
Then, kick your shot back and enjoy it!
Key Lime Pie Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1 oz Whipped cream Vodka
- 1 oz Key Lime Juice (fresh or bottled)
- .25 oz Simple syrup
- 1 sheet Graham Cracker
- 1 Dollop Whipped cream
- Make sure all your ingredients and equipment are prepared and ready to go.
- Take some ice and plop it into your cocktail shaker. The shaker should be mostly filled with ice.
- Rim your glass:Wet the rim of the glass either by rubbing it with an ice cube or rolling a little key lime juice on it.Smash up a graham cracker on lay it on a thin layer on a shaker.Place the shot glass rim down on your saucer and roll it around in the graham cracker crumbs until the rim is coated.
- Fill your jigger with 1 oz of whipped cream vodka and pour it into your shaker.
- Fill your jigger with 1 oz of key lime juice and pour it into your shaker.
- Fill your jigger with .25 oz of simple syrup and pour it into your shaker.
- Place the top onto your shaker and shake it up. It should get icy or cold to the touch.
- Take the shaker top off and place the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the liquid from the shaker into your shot glass.
- Carefully top the shot off with a large dollop of whipped cream.
Leave a Reply