Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you are looking for a sweet, spicy drink then give this cherry Moscow mule a try. This one is bursting with fruit flavor and spicy ginger.
What is a Cherry Moscow Mule?
A cherry Moscow mule is a combination of cherry vodka, ginger beer, lime juice and a garnish of mint served in a copper mug. This drink tastes like a wild cherry candy with a little hint of spice, fizz and mint.
This drink is essentially a flavored version of the classic Moscow mule cocktail. The main difference is instead of using regular vodka you use cherry vodka.
Moscow mules can be made in a variety of different flavors such as a strawberry mule, raspberry mule and cranberry mule. You simply swap out the flavor of vodka that you use in the drink.
All mule cocktails are typically served in a pretty copper mug. Not only is this just the traditional glassware for the drink, but it also serves a purpose. The copper mug really helps to insulate the drink and keep it icy cold as you sip it.
Even though the copper mug is the traditional glassware for this drink, don’t feel like you can’t make it if you don’t have a copper mug. You can certainly make this drink and serve it in any type of glassware you prefer.
When to Make This Drink:
With its sweet fruity yet slightly spicy flavor, this drink can be served at a variety of occasions such as:
- holiday parties
- summer barbecues
- spring celebrations
- cocktail hour
If you’re interested in changing this drink up a little, here are a few ideas to try out:
- Add cherry simple syrup. You can either use regular vodka and add cherry simple syrup or simply add a little dash of cherry simple syrup to capitalize on the sweet cherry flavor.
- Fresh squeezed lime juice. Squeeze your own lime juice instead of buying it from the store for the freshest tartest flavor.
- Muddle cherries. Again, you can use regular vodka if you go this route or you can add muddled cherries as an additional cherry flare. Simply toss a couple cherries in your mug and muddle them with the lime juice.
- Add a cherry garnish. Toss a couple maraschino cherries or even fresh cherries on top of the drink for a pretty pop of color.
How to make this drink:
This drink is super easy to make and can be tossed together and under 5 minutes. You don’t need to shake or stir anything simply throw your three ingredients together and you’re good to go.
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger beer
- .5 oz Lime juice
- Top with mint leaves
Start out by collecting everything needed including cherry vodka, ginger beer, ice, copper mug, lime juice, jigger and sprig of mint.
Toss enough ice into the copper mug so that it is completely filled to the top.
Take the cherry vodka and measure 2 oz with a jigger. Carefully pour the vodka into the copper mug.
Take the lime juice and measure .5 oz with a jigger. Carefully pour the lime juice into the copper mug.
Take the ginger beer and measure 4 oz with a jigger. Carefully pour the ginger beer into the copper mug.
Or, you can skip measuring the ginger beer and simply pour it directly into the mug to top it off.
Toss the sprig of mint on top of the drink and you’re ready to sip it.
Cherry Moscow Mule
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 Sprig Mint
- Take ice and fill the copper mug to the top with it.
- Pick up the cherry vodka. Use the jigger and measure 2 oz of cherry vodka and toss it into the mug.
- Pick up the lime juice. Use the jigger and measure .5 oz of lime juice and toss it into the mug.
- Pick up the ginger beer. Use the jigger and measure 4 oz of ginger beer and toss it into the mug.
- Take the sprig of mint and stick it in the side of the mug.
Leave a Reply