Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Turn a classic cocktail into a fruity and sweet sensational drink. Try out this strawberry Moscow mule next time you’re looking for a sipping cocktail during spring or summer time.
What is a Strawberry Moscow Mule?
A strawberry Moscow mule is a combination of strawberry vodka, lime juice, ginger beer and has a sprig of mint on top served in a copper mug. This cocktail tastes like a strawberry candy with a little bit of spicy fizz and a hint of mint.
This drink is essentially a flavored variation of the traditional Moscow mule cocktail. The difference is that a traditional Moscow mule has plain or regular vodka.
You’ll find that Moscow mules are typically served in a copper mug. Not only is the copper mug the traditional glassware, it also has a purpose. Copper mugs keep this drink icy cold and provide a nice cold tactile sensation as you sip it since the mug itself is cold to the touch.
However, don’t feel like if you have no copper mugs available that you can’t make this drink. You can certainly serve this up in any type of glassware you have.
When to Make This Drink:
This lightly fruity In super easy to make cocktail would be suited to serve at many occasions including:
- afternoon sipping
- Summer BBQs
- spring get togethers
- summer celebrations
If you’re looking to maximize your strawberry flavor, or if you just want to change a few ingredients up try these ideas out:
- Muddle strawberries. You can either add this in for extra strawberry flavor or do this instead of using strawberry vodka and just use regular vodka. Toss a couple fresh or frozen strawberries into the bottom of the mug and muddle them with the lime juice as you get started.
- Use strawberry simple syrup. Again this can be in addition or a replacement for the strawberry vodka. Whip up a batch of strawberry simple syrup or purchase some and add an ounce or so to the drink.
- Squeeze your own lime juice. The little hint of lime in this drink is part of what makes it so refreshing. Squeeze your own lime juice for the freshest possible flavor.
- Add a strawberry garnish. Had a little colourpop to your drink and a little extra strawberry flare by adding a strawberry or two on top of the drink as garnish.
How to make this drink:
If you have 5 minutes, then you can get this drink ready to go. All you have to do is toss your ingredients into the mug and then you can get to sipping. All you have to do is toss your ingredients into the mug and then you can get to sipping.
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Strawberry Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger beer
- .5 oz Lime juice
- Top with mint leaves
Collect all of the necessary items for this cocktail including copper mug, jigger, sprig of mint, ice, strawberry vodka, ginger beer and lime juice.
Pick up some ice and toss it into the mug. It should be enough ice that the mug is filled to the top.
Pick up the strawberry vodka. Measure out 2 oz with the jigger. Then, dump it into the mug.
Pick up the lime juice. Measure out 0.5 oz with a jigger. Then, dump it into the mug.
Pick up the ginger beer. Measure out 2 oz with a jigger. Then, dump it into the mug.
If you want to skip measuring the ginger beer you certainly can. Simply pour it directly into the mug till it is filled to the top.
Place your sprig of mint on top of the drink and get to sipping.
Strawberry Moscow Mule
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Strawberry Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- Spring Mint
- Toss ice into the copper mug until it is filled to the top.
- Pick up the strawberry vodka. Measure out 2 oz of strawberry vodka with the jigger and toss it into the mug.
- Pick up the lime juice. Measure out .5 oz of lime juice with the jigger and toss it into the mug.
- Pick up the ginger beer. Measure out 4 oz of ginger beer with the jigger and toss it into the mug.
- Grab the sprig of mint and stick it in the side of the drink.