This raspberry Moscow mule is a nice fruity twist on a classic cocktail. This one is bursting with raspberry flavor, spicy ginger and a nice citrus twist. Sip this one on your next hot summer day or at your next holiday celebration.
What is a Raspberry Moscow Mule?
A raspberry Moscow mule is a combination of raspberry vodka, lime juice, ginger beer and is typically topped with a sprig of mint and served in a copper mug. This cocktail has the bite, fizz and spice of ginger that is smoothed out by some of the sweet light raspberry flavor.
This cocktail is a simple flavored variation to the traditional Moscow mule drink. The difference is instead of using regular vodka, for this drink you use raspberry flavored vodka.
All mule drinks are typically served in a pretty copper mug. These copper mugs are both a traditional glassware for the drink as well as a way to keep the drink ice cold. The copper insulates the drink well and keeps it icy as well as the copper itself having a nice cold tactile feel.
Just because the copper mug is the traditional serving glassware for the strength, don’t feel like you have to miss out on this one if you don’t have a copper mug. You can simply serve it in the glassware that you have available.
When to Make This Drink:
With its light fruit and spicy fizz, this is a versatile cocktail that can be served at a multitude of different times such as:
- Summer get togethers
- 4th of July parties
- afternoon sipping
If you’re interested in trying out a few ways to change the strength up, give one or two of the following ideas a shot:
- Use raspberry simple syrup. Either whip whip of a batch of your own or by some from the store. Add an ounce or so of raspberry simple syrup either in addition to the ingredients below or use it and use regular vodka instead of raspberry vodka.
- Muddle some raspberries. Toss a couple raspberries into your mug and muddle them with the lime juice as you get started. Again, this can be an additional fruity flare for the drink or it can replace the raspberry vodka.
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice. Squeeze your own lime juice instead of using store-bought in order to have the freshest tartest flavor.
How to make this drink:
There’s no shaking or even stirring involved and making this drink. It’s as easy as tossing your ingredients into a mug and starting your sipping.starting your sipping.
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Raspberry Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger beer
- .5 oz Lime juice
- Top with mint leaves
Gather together everything you need for this cocktail including copper mug, ice, jigger, mint sprig, lime juice, ginger beer and raspberry vodka.
Stuff enough ice into the mug so that it is filled up to the top.
Grab the raspberry vodka. Use a jigger to measure 2 oz of raspberry vodka and dump it into the mug.
Grab the lime juice. Use a jigger to measure 0.5 oz of lime juice and dump it into the mug.
Grab the ginger beer. Use a jigger to measure 4 oz of ginger beer and dump it into the mug.
Alternatively, you can pour the ginger beer directly into the mug topping it off instead of measuring.
Place your mint sprig on top of the glass and start sipping.
Raspberry Moscow Mule
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Raspberry Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 Sprig Mint
- Use the ice to fill the copper mug to the top.
- Pick up the raspberry vodka. Measure 2 oz of raspberry vodka with the jigger and toss it in the mug.
- Pick up the lime juice. Measure .5 oz of lime juice with the jigger and toss it in the mug.
- Pick up the ginger beer. Measure 4 oz of ginger beer with the jigger and toss it in the mug.
- Pick up the sprig of mint and toss it into the mug.