Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This Grape Ape drink is a big, purple cocktail that is sure to please your taste buds. This drink is likely named after the cartoon character with the same name.
What is a grape ape drink?
A great ape cocktail tastes like a fizzy very strong grape juice. It is a combination of vodka, sprite or lemon lime soda and grape juice.
If you love grape juice, this drink will be right up your alley (and you might also try the Transfusion drink as well). It really is mostly the grape juice flavor that you will get with just a little fizz and a little alcoholic bit.
The fizz obviously comes from the subtle lemon lime soda. And vodka is known for being pretty tasteless other than it’s sharp alcohol after-bite. So, it’s not surprising that the grape juice is the main flavor in this one.
This cocktail is perfect for spring and summer time with its refreshing and cool fruit flavor. The color makes it a fun drink for parties or other get togethers.
How to make this drink:
This cocktail can be whipped up in a few short minutes. Three easy ingredients and a little stirring and you are ready to go.
- 2 oz grape pucker or grape juice
- 3 oz lemon lime soda
- 2 oz vodka
- Grapes (optional garnish)
Grab your cocktail shaker your grape juice, vodka, and Sprite. And get ready to get started.
Go ahead and fill your highball glass full of ice.
Use your jigger to measure 2 oz of grape juice and pour that straight into your highball glass with your ice.
Use your jigger again to measure 2 oz of vodka and pour that into your highball glass with your grape juice and ice.
You can either use your jigger for this last step or simply top the glass off with Sprite this will be about 3 oz of sprite or other lemon lime soda.
Then go ahead and pour your highball glass as well as all of its contents into your cocktail shaker. And then immediately pour all the contents from the cocktail shaker back into the highball glass they should all now be mixed.
For the garnish you can use grapes. It will help to accent the great flavor of the cocktail. Take two or three grapes put them on a long cocktail pic and then place the pick in the side of your glass.
Now, sit back, sip and enjoy!
Grape Ape Drink
- highball glass
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz 2 oz grape pucker or grape juice
- 3 oz lemon lime soda we like Sprite
- 2 oz vodka
- Fill your highball glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pick up your jigger and grape juice (or grape pucker) and measure out 2 oz. Pour that into your glass
- Pick up your lemon lime soda and measure out 3 oz. Pour that into your glass.
- Pick up your vodka and measure our 2 oz. Pour that into your glass
- To mix: Either dump all contents from your glass to your cocktail shaker and then back into your glass.Or, use a bar spoon and lightly stir it all together right in the glass
- As an optional garnish, take a few grapes and place them on the rim of the glass, or skewer them with a long cocktail pick and place it in the side of your glass.