Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a brightly colored shot to serve up on the next hot summer day? Shake up this purple Gatorade shot for a sweet, fruity and brilliantly bright drink.
🥤 What is a Purple Gatorade Shot?
A purple Gatorade shot is a brilliantly purple colored drink that is a combination of blue curacao, grape vodka and grenadine are shaken together. This shot is sweet and full of grape flavor just like purple Gatorade.
The combination of blue curacao and grenadine are used a lot in drinks to get that bright purple color. Like in this drunk witch drink.
If you need a drink that you can mix up in just a few minutes, then this is one to try out. With only three ingredients you should be able to shake this together and three or four minutes.
The resulting shot is super sweet and full of fruity flavor. You don’t want to miss out on this one.
If you’re still not sure, check out these reasons you’ll love this shot:
- Fast to make. You don’t need to do any glass rimming or fancy layering for this one. Simply toss the three ingredients together and shake them up.
- Pretty and purple. This brilliantly bright purple colored shot makes a great centerpiece drink for any party or get together.
- Can’t miss fruit flavor. This one is sweet and fruity. It’s full of grape flavor you’re sure to love.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This bright, sweet and fruity shot is a welcome addition to many different occasions such as:
- Tailgating parties
- college parties
- Summer get togethers
- spring celebrations
Need to make a few ingredient substitutions, or perhaps change things up a bit? Give a few of these ideas a shot:
- Make it a cocktail. Add 2 to 3 oz of sweet and sour mix or a lemon lime soda. Shake it together and add it to a rocks glass for sipping.
- Dial down the sweetness. Substitute the grenadine for cranberry juice to have a similar flavor and keep the purple color, but dial the sugar content down.
- Decrease the alcohol content. Substitute the Grape vodka for grape pucker. You’ll still get a grape flavor and purple color, but with less liquor.
- 1 oz Grape vodka – this provides the majority of the alcohol content as well as the grape flavor for the drink. We like to use Ciroc grape vodka.
- .5 oz Blue curacao – this is a bright blue orange flavored liqueur. It helps to create the purple color of the shot as well as add a little citrus flavor.
- .5 oz Grenadine – this is a bright red sweet syrup. It is made from pomegranates, but is commonly thought to taste like cherries. Mixed with a blue Curacao it provides the purple color.
Gather up everything you need for the shot including cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, great vodka, grenadine, ice, blue curaçao, jigger and shot glass.
Grown up some ice and toss a couple handfuls into the shaker.
Pick up the grape vodka. Measure out 1 oz with the jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Pick up the grenadine. Measure out .5 oz with a jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Pick up the blue curaçao. Measure out 0.5 oz with a jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Pop the top on to the shaker and shake it up well. This will usually take around 15 or 20 seconds and you’ll feel the shaker get cold to the touch.
Pop off the shaker lid and pop the Hawthorne strainer over the top of the shaker. Then, pour your shot into your shot glass.
Grape Gatorade Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1 oz Grape Vodka
- .5 oz Blue Curacao
- .5 oz Grenadine
- Take a handful or two of ice and use it to fill up the cocktail shaker.
- Take the jigger and grape vodka. Measure up 1 oz of grape vodka and add it to the shaker.
- Take the jigger and blue curacao. Measure up .5 oz of blue curacao and add it to the shaker.
- Take the jigger and grenadine. Measure up .5 oz of grenadine and add it to the shaker.
- Use the shaker lid to cover the shaker.
- Shake it up for 15 – 20 seconds or until the shaker gets cold on the outside.
- Pop the shaker lid off and put the strainer on the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the cocktail shaker into the shot glass.