Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re looking for a fun twist on an old classic, try out this grape Cosmo recipe. The resulting drink is bursting with grape flavor.
What is a Grape Cosmo?
A grape Cosmo is a combination of grape vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice. It is essentially a regular cosmopolitan only with grape vodka instead of regular vodka. This cocktail is light and fruity with a hint of grape and citrus flavors and there is a small bite of vodka as it goes down.
A similar drink without the cranberry juice and with some cherry vodka is this pixie stix martini. It is a little bit of a sweeter flavored cocktail.
Grape vodka is basically a flavored vodka. Most regular or plain vodkas are pretty neutral or tasteless and flavor. However, this grape flavored vodka has a strong white grape flavor.
Triple sec is a type of orange liqueur. It is made with a neutral base spirit that is infused with orange peels.
When you pick out a cranberry juice for this cocktail, it’s important to use no sugar added and 100% pure juice. This will allow you to have the true tart cranberry flavor added in.
When to Make This Drink:
This cocktail is versatile and can be used out of a variety of different occasions including:
- drinks with dinner
- date night
- holiday parties
This drink is super delicious as is, however, if you perhaps want to change it up a little or don’t have some of the ingredients listed here are some things to try:
- Add a grape pucker or schnapps. If you want to double down on the grape flavor add a grape pucker or schnapps to this drink. Or, if you can’t find grape vodka you can add this grape liqueur in to create the grape flavor.
- Add a little grape juice. Again, if you want to amp up the grape flavor, add a little splash of grape juice to this one. This works especially well if you can’t find grape vodka and need a grape flavor added in.
- Muddle grapes. Use a plain vodka, but muddle a few grapes and simple syrup in with it to infuse it with a grape flavor.
- Substitute the triple sec. Triple sec is a commonly used orange liqueur for cosmos. However, you can use a different orange liqueur such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
Some other grape cocktails are: the grape ape drink and grape gatorade drink.
How to make this drink:
There are no elaborate rims, garnishes or layering necessary for this drink. It’s an easy four ingredient drink to mix up. You should be able to have this one ready in 5 minutes or less.
- 1.5 oz Grape vodka
- 1 oz Triple sec
- .5 oz Lime juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
Ensure that you have everything that it takes to make this drink before getting started including martini glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, grape vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec and lime juice.
Take your cocktail shaker and throw some ice into it. It should be filled about halfway with ice.
Also, place the martini glass in the freezer to chill.
Take your grape vodka and measure out 1 and ½ oz with your jigger. Toss the grape vodka into the shaker.
Take the triple sec and measure out 1 ounce with your jigger. Toss the triple sec into the shaker with the grape vodka.
Take the cranberry juice and measure out 1 ounce with your jigger. Toss the cranberry juice into the shaker with the grape vodka and triple sec.
Take the lime juice and measure out 0.5 oz with your jigger. Toss the lime juice into the shaker with the cranberry juice, grape juice and triple sec.
Pop the shaker lid on top of the shaker and shake well. It takes around 20 seconds or so in the outside of the shaker should become cold to the touch.
Remove the martini glass from the freezer.
Replace the shaker lid with the hawthorne strainer. Then, strain your drink into the glass.
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Grape Vodka
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- Put the martini glass in the freezer to chill.
- Put some ice in the shaker. The shaker should be filled to the top.
- Use the jigger to measure 1.5 oz of grape vodka. Pour that into the shaker.
- Use the jigger to measure 1 oz of Triple sec. Pour that into the shaker..
- Use the jigger to measure .5 oz of lime juice. Pour that into the shaker.
- Use the jigger to measure 1 oz of cranberry juice. Pour that into the shaker.
- Put the shaker top over the shaker.
- Shake it up for about 20 seconds or so. The outside of the shaker will get cold and icy.
- Take the chilled martini glass out of the freezer.
- Take the shaker top off and put the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the glass.
Leave a Reply