If you love grapes and spicy ginger then this cocktail is a must try. Whip up this super easy grape Moscow mule in 5 minutes or less.
What is a Grape Moscow Mule?
A grape Moscow mule is a combination of grape vodka, lime juice and ginger beer topped with a sprig of mint and served in a copper mug. This drink has a sweet and spicy ginger flavor that is smooth out with the fruity grape taste and a hint of mint.
This drink is essentially a flavored variation of the traditional Moscow mule. There are many different flavor variations you can create such as a strawberry mule, raspberry moscow mule, a cherry mule or a cranberry mule.
The main difference between the grape mule and the standard Moscow mule is that the standard Moscow mule uses just regular or plain vodka. Grape vodka is also used in a variety of other drinks like this Purple Gatorade shot.
The traditional glassware used for any mule beverage is a copper mug. Not only is the copper mug a nice centerpiece for your drink, but it also keeps your drink ice cold. The copper really insulates the coldness of the drink and creates a nice tactile sensation since the actual copper gets cold as well.
However, don’t feel like you can’t make this drink if you don’t have a copper mug. You can certainly make this one and serve it in a different type of glassware if desired.
When to Make This Drink:
This refreshing, fizzy and easy to make cocktail fits in well at a variety of times including:
- summer sipping
- afternoon drinks
- cocktail hour
- spring celebrations
If you’d like to change this one up a little, check out a few of these ideas:
- Use grape simple syrup. If you’d like to double down on the grape flavor, add a little dash of grape simple syrup to sweeten this drink up. Or, you can use grape simple syrup with regular vodka to still get a grape flavor.
- Garnish with grapes. Double down on the grapes again by garnishing a drink with three grapes on a cocktail pick.
- Add a splash of grape juice. If you’d like to lighten up the spicy ginger flavor, add a little bit of grape juice to capitalize on the light sweet gray flavor.
How to make this drink:
With only three ingredients, this drink is super easy to make. All you have to do is toss everything in your glass and you’re ready to go.
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Grape Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger beer
- .5 oz Lime juice
- Top with mint leaves
Make sure you got everything gathered up including grape vodka, ginger beer, lime juice, mint sprig, ice, copper mug and jigger.
Place ice into the copper mug until it is filled to the top.
Using the jigger, measure out 2 oz of grape vodka. Then, dump the grape vodka into the mug.
Using the jigger, measure out 0.5 oz of lime juice. Then, dump the lime juice into the mug.
Using the jigger, measure out 4 oz of ginger beer. Then, dump the ginger beer into the mug.
If you’d like to skip measuring in this stuff you certainly can. Simply pour the ginger beer into the mug until it is full.
Pop your sprig of mint on top of the drink and get to sipping.
Grape Moscow Mule
- Copper Mug
- 2 oz Grape Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- Sprig Mint
- Toss ice into the copper mug. The ice should fill the mug to the top.
- Grab up the grape vodka. Using the jigger, measure out 2 oz of grape vodka and add it to the mug.
- Grab up the lime juice. Using the jigger, measure out .5 oz of lime juice and add it to the mug.
- Grab up the ginger beer. Using the jigger, measure out 4 oz of ginger beer and add it to the mug.
- Toss the sprig of mint into the side of the mug.