Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This hunch punch is a fantastic, fruity, fizzy party punch everyone is sure to love. It’s so easy to toss together as a big batch cocktail, so it works well for large parties and get togethers.
What is Hunch Punch?
Hunch punch is a combination of vodka, fruit punch, orange juice, Sprite and pineapple juice. It tastes like a tropical screwdriver. It has the bite of vodka and the citrus flavor of orange juice. It is tempered out by the sweetness of the fruit punch with a bit of fizz and a pineapple twist at the end.
This sweet, fizzy and fruity hunch punch recipe is a refreshing cocktail that is perfect to make in large batches. However, if you love it and want to have it as a standalone one drink, you can scale the ingredient amounts down to make just one cocktail also.
A few occasions this drink is perfect to serve at:
- College Events
- Large get togethers
- Summertime Events
- Large Celebrations
There are actually a variety of different hunch punch recipes out there. Here are a few substitutions or additions you can make:
- Use Hawaiian Punch
- Add in Everclear
- Add cut up fruit
- Add in other clear liquors like rum or tequila
Basically, you can make this punch the way that you want if you need to substitute out some of the ingredients. At the end of the day, a little fizz of a clear soda, a fruity taste from some type of punch juice and a clear liquor with ice and you’re good to go.
A few similar drinks are: The 57 Chevy Drink, Tree Smacker Drink, Holy Water Cocktail.
How to make this drink:
- highball glass
- bar spoon
- Punch Bowl
Note: The amounts below give you approximately one cocktail. You can multiple them by the number of drinks you want to make. When making a large amount, you can mix them in a punch bowl.
- 1 oz fruit punch
- 1 oz sprite
- .5 oz orange juice
- 2 oz vodka
- .5 oz pineapple
Get your glass, cocktail shaker, jigger, fruit punch, orange juice, pineapple juice, sprite, and vodka all in one spot and ready to mix it up.
Make sure your glass is filled with ice. Also toss a few ice cubes into your shaker.
Note: Decide if you want to make a single cocktail or a large batch. For a large batch, use a punch bowl and ladle instead of a cocktail shaker. And just stir it together instead of mixing from glass to shaker.
Garnish is optional on this one. Cherries, lemon wedge or orange wedge all work well with the flavors of the drink.
For cherries, pop three on a cocktail pick and slide into the side of your glass.
For lemon or orange wedge, cut them into slices. Then, cut a small notch in the pulp of your slice. Place the slice on the rim of your glass using the notch you cut.
Use your jigger to measure out 1 oz of fruit punch. Pour that fruit punch into your glass.
Use your jigger to measure out 1 oz of sprite. Pour that sprite into your glass.
Use your jigger to measure out .5 oz of orange juice. Pour that orange juice into your glass.
Use your jigger to measure out .5 oz of pineapple juice. Pour that pineapple juice into your glass.
Use your jigger to measure out 2 oz of vodka. Pour that vodka into your glass.
Toss all the contents from your glass into your shaker and then from your shaker back into your glass. This should get everything mixed up well.
- highball glass
- cocktail shaker
- ladle (for large batch)
- punch bowl (for large batch)
- 1 oz Fruit Punch multiply amount by how many drinks you want to make for large batch of punch
- 1 oz Sprite or lemon-lime soda multiply amount by how many drinks you want to make for large batch of punch
- .5 oz Orange Juice multiply amount by how many drinks you want to make for large batch of punch
- 2 oz Vodka multiply amount by how many drinks you want to make for large batch of punch
- .5 oz Pineapple juice multiply amount by how many drinks you want to make for large batch of punch
- Lemon or orange wedge or cherries (optional garnish)
- Start out by making sure you have gathered up everything you need: Ingredients and supplies.
- Decide if you are making a single cocktail or a large batch punch.Note: if making a large batch punch, multiply the ingredient amounts below by the number of drinks you want. Use a punch bowl to mix it in instead of a cocktail shaker.
- Fill your glass up with ice. Add a few ice cubes to your cocktail shaker as well.
- Grab your fruit punch. Measure out 1 oz of fruit punch with your jigger and pour it into your glass.
- Grab your sprite. Measure out 1 oz of sprite with your jigger and pour it into your glass.
- Grab your orange juice. Measure out .5 oz of orange juice with your jigger and pour it into your glass.
- Grab your vodka. Measure out 2 oz of vodka with your jigger and pour it into your glass.
- Grab your pineapple juice. Measure out .5 oz of pineapple juice with your jigger and pour it into your glass.
- Now toss everything from your glass into your shaker and then back into your glass. This will get all your ingredients mixed up.
- If you want to add a garnish, now is the time. Pop three cherries on a cocktail pick and stick it into your glass. Or cut a slice of lemon or orange and place it on the rim of the glass.
Leave a Reply