Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This 57 Chevy drink is a brilliantly colored, sweet and fruity cocktail. It has a refreshing tropical flavor that matches it’s yellowish orange color. This one is relatively easy to shake up and suits well for most spring and summer occassions.
What is a 57 Chevy Drink?
57 Chevy drink is a combination of orange juice, Southern Comfort, vodka, amaretto and pineapple juice. It tastes like a tropical cherry candy. The pineapple and amaretto blend together to have almost a cherry flavor which is a predominant flavor in this drink. There are subtle hints of the tang of orange juice.
The orange juice and pineapple juice both lend a sweet and tangy fruit flavor to this drink. They create a refreshing easy sipping flavor when blended together with the other ingredients.
Southern comfort is a whiskey based liqueur. It tends to be on the sweeter side with fruity and spicy flavors such as cherry, caramel, vanilla and cinnamon.
Vodka is a clear liquor. It is colorless and tends to be pretty much tasteless except for it’s strong bite as it goes down. Some vodka is flavored, but for this cocktail you just need plain vodka.
Amaretto is an almond flavored liqueur. It tends to have a little bit of a bitter after taste. It is originally from Italy.
Of note, there are a few variations that you can do with this drink including adding a dash of grenadine, using fresh squeezed orange juice or pineapple juice.
When to serve this cocktail
This easy and refreshing sipper is well suited to serve at a variety of different times and events. It’s bright color and fruity flavor makes it particularly suited for spring and summertime festivities. A few suggestions include:
- Casual Get togethers
- Pool Parties
Some similar drinks include: hunch punch, the tree smacker drink and the red devil drink.
How to make this drink:
This one is super easy to shake up. Just a few ingredients and mix them together. You should be able to easily mix it up in 3 minutes or so.
- 2 oz orange juice
- 1 oz Southern Comfort
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz amaretto
- (optional) cherry garnish
Get your pineapple juice, orange juice, southern comfort, vodka, amaretto, jigger, cocktail shaker, highball glass and strainer gathered and ready to go.
Grab up your glass and shaker and fill both to the top with ice.
Garnish is optional on this one. If you choose, you can stick three cherries on a cocktail pick and add that to the glass.
Now, start to get everything mixed up. Use your jigger and your pineapple juice and measure 2 oz of pineapple juice. Then dump that into your shaker with your ice.
Use your jigger and your orange juice and measure 2 oz of orange juice. Then dump that into your shaker with your ice and pineapple juice.
Use your jigger and your vodka and measure 1 oz of vodka. Then dump that into your shaker with your ice, pineapple juice and orange juice.
Use your jigger and your southern comfort and measure 1 oz of southern comfort. Then dump that into your shaker with your ice, vodka and pineapple and orange juices.
Use your jigger and your amaretto and measure 1 oz of amaretto. Then dump that into your shaker with your other ingredients.
Shake everything up in your shaker for abut 15 to 20 seconds. The outside of your shaker should be icy and cold to the touch when ready.
Note: make sure to put the lid on your shaker before starting to shake.
Remove the lid from the top of your shaker and put on your hawthorne strainer. Then, pour your drink from your shaker into your glass.
57 Chevy Drink
- highball glass (or any glass type you prefer)
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Southern Comfort
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Amaretto
- Cherries (optional garnish)
- Grab your ingredients and equipment and get ready to get started.
- Fill up your shaker as well as your glass with ice.Note: this cocktail doesn't have a standard glass. We used a highball, but you can use a rocks glass or any other glass you prefer.
- Garnish is optional for this one. If you want a garnish, stick three cherries onto a cocktail pick and pop it into your glass.
- Measure out 2 oz of orange juice and dump it into your shaker.
- Measure out 2 oz of pineapple juice and dump it into your shaker.
- Measure out 1 oz of vodka and dump it into your shaker.
- Measure out 1 oz of southern comfort and dump it into your shaker.
- Measure out 1 oz of amaretto and dump it into your shaker.
- Put the top onto your shaker and shake it all up. You'll want to shake it for 15 – 20 seconds or until the outside is icy to the touch.
- Take the top off of your shaker.
- Add the strainer to the top of the shaker. Then, pour your drink into your glass.
Leave a Reply