Looking for a rich, creamy and delicious Martini to try out To serve at your next dessert table? Try out this super delicious peanut butter martini. This one certainly won’t disappoint!
What is a Peanut Butter Martini?
A peanut butter martini is a combination of Irish cream, peanut butter whiskey and vodka. It is sweet and creamy with a salty peanut butter flavor. This martini is extremely smooth and sweet.
Peanut butter whiskey is actually a whiskey liqueur. It is a liquor versus a liquor due to the fact that the alcohol content is decreased with the sugars and additives. We like to use skatterbrain or skrewball. But, there are several other brands as well.
Irish cream is where the creaminess of this drink comes from. It is a combination of cream, sugar and Irish whiskey.
You can’t really even taste the vodka in this martini. It is there mainly to give a little extra alcohol content.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is a perfect fit for serving during occasions like:
- dessert drinks
- after dinner drinks
There’s not a lot to change up or substitute in this martini But, here are a few ideas:
- Leave out the vodka. Add an additional half ounce of peanut butter whiskey and skip the vodka altogether.
- Use peanut butter vodka. Vodka also comes in peanut butter flavor. You can substitute it just for the half ounce of vodka or up to two full ounces and subtract the peanut butter whiskey.
- Substitute the Irish cream. Instead of using Irish cream, you could use heavy cream, half and half or a dairy-free milk.
- Make a peanut butter cup martini. Add a little chocolate liqueur and you’ll have a peanut butter cup martini. (If you left peanut butter flavor, you might also try out these peanut butter cup shots)
How to make this drink:
3 minutes is about all you need in order to shake this one up. Dump all your ingredients in the cocktail shaker and you’re ready to serve it.
- 1.5 oz Peanut Butter whiskey
- .5 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Irish cream
Gather up everything you need to make this martini including peanut butter whiskey, vodka, Irish cream, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, Martini glass, ice and jigger.
Stash the martini glass in the freezer so that has time to chill. Then, pop enough up ice in a cocktail shaker to fill it up.
Measure up .5 oz of vodka and toss it in the shaker.
Measure up 1 oz of Irish cream and toss it in the shaker.
Measure up 1.5 oz of peanut butter whiskey and toss it in a shaker.
Cover the shaker with its lid and shake everything well for about 15 to 20 seconds. You’ll know it’s ready because the outside of the shaker will become icy and cold.
Grab the martini glass out of the freezer.
Pop off the shaker lid and replace it with the hawthorn strainer. Then, strain the peanut butter martini into the martini glass.
Peanut Butter Martini
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Peanut Butter Whiskey
- .5 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Irish Cream
- Gather together everything you will need to make the drink.
- Stick the martini glass into the freezer so that it can chill.
- Stick some ice into she shaker so that it is filled up.
- Take the jigger and measure 1.5 oz of peanut butter whiskey. Toss that into the shaker.
- Take the jigger and measure .5 oz of vodka. Toss that into the shaker.
- Take the jigger and measure 1 oz of irish cream. Toss that into the shaker.
- Stick the lid for the shaker on and shake well. After around 15 seconds or so the shaker will get cold.
- Take the chilled glass out of the freezer.
- Take off the shaker lid and put on the strainer.
- Pour the martini into the chilled glass.