Looking for a minty, sweet and warm drink to tantalize your taste buds? Then, this peppermint schnapps hot chocolate should be on the list. This decadent and delightful blend of mint and chocolate is perfect for any winter event.
🍫 What is a Peppermint Schnapps Hot Chocolate?
A peppermint stops hot chocolate is a warm and creamy combination of a shot of peppermint schnapps added to a mug of hot chocolate. This delicious drink is smooth, creamy and full of chocolate flavor with a large wallop of peppermint as it goes down.
This super easy to make, two ingredient drink can be whipped up and around 5 minutes If you are making it with instant hot chocolate mix. It is a warm and cozy sipper to add to any truly evening.
If you’re still not sure why you should try this, check out these reasons you’ll love it:
- Minty and sweet. This creamy hot chocolate take a lot like a peppermint patty in liquid form.
- Easy to make. With only two ingredients, you should be able to stir this one up in about 5 minutes. The thing it takes the longest is making the hot chocolate.
- Perfect for dessert. This one is so sweet and decadent it’s perfect for dessert or holiday occasions.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This sweet drink is a perfect addition for times like:
- New Year’s Eve
- cozy nights
- holiday celebrations
- Dessert drinks
Check out this list of ideas if you’re looking for ingredient substitutions or other flavor variations:
- Make it a peppermint patty drink: add in creme de menthe and creme de cacao for a peppermint patty flavored drink.
- Use rumplemintz. Instead of using peppermint schnapps, make a rumplemintz hot chocolate with a similar minty flavor.
- Make it dairy-free. Instead of using milk-based hot chocolate, use an oatmeal hot chocolate or other dairy-free alternative.
- Use flavored hot chocolate. Ramp up the sweetness in this drink by using a flavored hot chocolate like Butterfinger hot chocolate or Oreo hot chocolate.
- 2 oz Peppermint schnapps – peppermint schnapps is a clear liqueur that has a strong, sweet peppermint flavor. It typically is a lower alcohol content liqueur at around 15% alcohol by volume.
- 6 oz Hot chocolate – the hot chocolate can be instant hot chocolate or made from scratch hot chocolate. We like to use dark instant hot chocolate so that it is extra rich, but also fast to make.
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
Make sure you’ve got everything you need for this cocktail including whipped cream, peppermint schnapps, bar spoon, jigger, mug and hot chocolate.
Stir up a mug of hot chocolate either by making your own from scratch or using instant hot chocolate. If you use instant hot chocolate, just follow the instructions on the box.
If you make your own hot chocolate, measure around 6 oz into the mug.
grab the peppermint schnapps and the jigger. Measure out 2 oz and pour it into the mug with the hot chocolate.
Grab up your bar spoon. Stick it in your mug and give everything a good stir so that it is well mixed.
Grab up the whipped cream. Squirt a large dollop on the top of the mug and you’re good to get to sipping.
Peppermint Schnapps Hot Chocolate
- bar spoon
- 6 oz Hot chocolate
- 2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- Whipped Cream
- Heat up a mug of hot chocolate. You can use instant or homemade.
- Grab up the peppermint schnapps. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz and dump it into the mug.
- Take the bar spoon and give the drink a few good stirs.
- Take the whipped cream and add a large dollop on top.