This warm and indulgent rumplemintz hot chocolate is the best cocktail to serve up for chilly winter nights. It is the perfect, well-balanced mixture of sweet chocolate and minty goodness.
🍫 What is a Rumplemintz Hot Chocolate?
A rumplemintz hot chocolate is a shot of rumplemintz stirred into a warm mug full of hot chocolate. It is then topped with a large heaping dollop of whipped cream. This sweet and chocolatey drink is heavily infused with peppermint and taste like a decadent peppermint patty.
5 minutes should be enough to make this cocktail as long as you’re using instant hot chocolate mix. All you have to do is toss your two ingredients together and stir them well. If you are choosing to make your own hot chocolate, add another couple minutes to give yourself time to get it ready.
Here are a few reasons you’ll love to make this drink:
- Cozy and warm. This cocktail is sure to warm you from the inside out with its hot chocolate goodness and minty flavor.
- Dessert perfection. This one is so sweet, rich a decadent it is perfect for dessert.
- Super easy to make. Since you only need two ingredients for this one, it is super duper easy to make. You can whip it right up and just a few minutes.
⭐ When to Make This Drink:
This warm and cozy cocktail is the perfect decadent drink for serving up at times like:
- chilly evenings
- holiday celebration
- New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day
Need to make a few ingredient substitutions or, perhaps change the flavor up a little? Give one or two of these ideas a spin:
- Use a flavored hot chocolate. Ramp up the dessert flavor in this drink by making a flavored hot chocolate such as orange hot chocolate or Oreo hot chocolate.
- Add more garnishes. Ramp up the decadence in this drink by adding mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup or even some peppermint sticks.
- Go dairy-free. Make the hot chocolate with oatmeal hot chocolate or another dairy free alternative.
- 6 oz Hot Chocolate – The main base of this drink is from the sweet Hot chocolate used. You can either make your own from scratch or use instant hot chocolate mix. We like to use dark instant hot chocolate so that it is extra rich, but also fast to make.
- 2 oz Rumplemintz – this is a type of clear peppermint flavored schnapps. It has a very sweet and minty flavor.
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
Make sure you’ve got everything necessary for this one including rumplemintz, whipped cream, hot chocolate, mug, bar spoon and jigger.
Whip up a fresh mug of hot chocolate. Either make your own from your favorite recipe or follow the instructions on your box of instant hot chocolate.
Measure out 2 oz of rumplemintz. Then, pour it into the mug.
Measure out 6 oz of warm hot chocolate and pour it into the mug.
If you would like, you can simply pour the hot chocolate directly into the mug and skip the measuring all together. Just make sure to top the mug off.
Grab a bar spoon and stir your drink well so that it is mixed together. Then, grab the whipped cream and add a large amount to the top of the drink.
Rumplemintz Hot Chocolate
- bar spoon
- 6 oz Hot Chocolate
- 2 oz Rumplemintz
- Whipped Cream if desired
- Start by making some hot chocolate – homemade or instant do fine.
- Add 6 – 8 oz of hot chocolate into the mug.
- Pour 2 oz of Rumplemintz into the jigger and then toss it into the mug.
- Use the bar spoon and give it a few stirs.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream if you want.