Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re looking for an easy to make refreshing sipping cocktail then try out this raspberry vodka lemonade. With only two simple ingredients this one could be whipped up super fast and is perfect for summer and springtime sipping.
What is a Raspberry Vodka Lemonade?
A raspberry vodka lemonade is a simple two ingredient highball that is made from raspberry vodka and lemonade. The resulting cocktail tastes just like raspberry lemonade, it’s light sweet and refreshing and the vodka blends right in.
Vodka itself is a clear liquor that is typically made from distilling fermented grains or potatoes. It tends to be a neutral tasting liquor. But, some vodkas come flavored.
Raspberry vodka is simply vodka that has raspberry flavoring added in. They resulting liquor is slightly sweet and has a raspberry fruit flavor.
Lemonade, as you probably know, is a combination of lemon juice and sugar. It is a very sweet yet mouth puckering tart refreshing drink. Freshly made lemonade is best for this cocktail if you want the highest quality flavor. However, store-bought lemonade also works fine. Do try to get a high quality one and not one made from concentrate.
When to make this drink
This drink is super easy to make. It is sweet and refreshing which makes it perfect for a multitude of occasions such as:
- summertime sipping
- casual get togethers
- barbecues or other backyard get togethers
Surprisingly, even though this drink only has two ingredients, there are a wide variety of ways to change it up.
- Make your own lemonade. Instead of buying store-bought lemonade, make use a recipe to make homemade lemonade.
- Use raspberry lemonade. You can either make your own raspberry lemonade or purchase it at the store. You can use this instead of plain lemonade to ramp up the raspberry flavor in this drink.
- muddle raspberries. To get an extra boost of raspberry flavor, you can take 5 to 8 raspberries and muddle them in your cocktail shaker with or without a little simple syrup.
- Use different vodka. If you’re using raspberry lemonade or muddling raspberries in your drink, you don’t have to use raspberry vodka. You could use lemonade flavored vodka or even plain vodka in the drink.
How to make this drink:
Given that this drink only has two simple and easy ingredients, you can whip it up in 2 minutes or less. All you have to do is dump your ingredients together and shake them up.
- 2 oz Raspberry vodka
- 4 oz Lemonade
- (optional) can add raspberry simple syrup or muddle raspberries
- (optional) raspberries and/or lemon wedge garnish
Start out your drink by gathering up your highball Glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, ice, raspberry vodka and lemonade.
note: The instructions below will lay out making the cocktail straight in your glass. However, you can also make it directly in a cocktail shaker to mix it.
If you choose to make it directly in the cocktail shaker, also fill your cocktail shaker with ice. And then you’ll pour your ingredients directly into the shaker. At the top of the shaker shake it well, then strain it into your glass.
Grab your jigger and your raspberry vodka. Measure out 2 oz of raspberry vodka with your jigger. Then, toss that raspberry vodka into your highball glass over your ice.
Grab your jigger and your lemonade. Measure out 4 oz of lemonade with your jigger. Then, toss that lemonade into your glass with your ice and raspberry vodka.
An alternative way to add the lemonade is to skip the measuring. If you do this, simply use the lemonade to top the glass off.
Next, you’ll want to make sure that your drink is completely mixed together. There are two methods to do this if you have built the drink straight in the glass.
The first way is by carefully dumping the contents of the glass into your cocktail shaker and then dumping them from the shaker back into the glass.
The second way is by using a bar spoon. To do this, you’ll put the bar spoon into your highball glass and stir everything well.
Garnishes or optional for this cocktail. Two great choices are raspberries and/or a lemon wedge.
If you choose a raspberry garnish, you can either add a few raspberries directly to the glass when you stir. Or, you can put them on a cocktail pic and place it in the side of the glass. Or, you can cut a notch in the raspberry and place one on the rim of the glass.
If you choose a lemon wedge garnish, grab your lemon and cut it into slices. Then, take one slice and cut a notch in the pulp of the lemon. Use that notch and secure the lemon wedge on the rim of your glass.
Raspberry Vodka Lemonade
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Get all the items needed for the drink together.
- Fill the highball glass to the top with ice.
- Measure out 2 oz of raspberry vodka with the jigger and toss into the glass.
- Measure out 4 oz of lemonade with the jigger and toss into the glass.note: instead of measuring the lemonade, you can just top the glass off if desired.
- Stir the drink together. There are two ways to do this:1) Take a bar spoon, stick it in the glass and mix it all up.2) Toss the contents of the glass into the shaker and then back into the glass.
- Fill the shaker with ice also.
- Measure and pour the vodka and lemonade into the shaker.
- Put the top on the shaker and shake for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Take the shaker top off and put the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the highball glass
Leave a Reply