Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This cherry vodka lemonade is a super easy to make two ingredient cocktail that is sure to have you coming back for more. This cocktail has a sweet, refreshing flavor and is perfect for spring and summer time.
What is a Cherry Vodka Lemonade?
A cherry vodka lemonade is an easy to ingredient highball cocktail made from cherry vodka and lemonade. The resulting cocktail surprisingly has almost no taste of the liquor and tastes almost completely just like plain cherry lemonade.
Lemonade, as you probably already know, is a combination of lemon juice and sugar. It is a sweet yet mouth puckeringly tart citrus drink. For this cocktail, you can use store-bought or homemade lemonade. Homemade lemonade of course will be a little fresher and better.
Vodka is a liquor that is made by first fermenting and then distilling grains. There are a variety of different grains that can be used such as wheat or rye. It is typically a clear liquor which has a neutral or almost tasteless flavor.
Cherry vodka is one of many different flavored vodkas. It has a sweet very strong cherry flavor to it.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is so simple and easy to make, but has a smooth almost no alcohol flavor which makes it perfect for a wide variety of situations including:
- 4th of July parties
- pool or beach get togethers
- spring celebrations
- summertime sipping
For this cocktail, you can stick with the two simple ingredients below, or you can create a few different variations including:
- Use regular vodka. You can use regular vodka for this drink, but if you do, you should use cherry lemonade in place of regular lemonade.
- Use cherry juice. If you want to use regular vodka and regular lemonade but still have the cherry flavor, add in some cherry juice to your cocktail.
- Make your own lemonade. Homemade freshly squeezed lemonade tastes much brighter and fresher than store-bought.
- Use cherry lemonade. You can use cherry lemonade with cherry vodka or with regular vodka. You can even make your own cherry lemonade.
- Make it as an adult capri sun. Pop this mix into a capri-sun pouch for easy sipping.
Some similar lemonade cocktails are: raspberry vodka lemonade, regular vodka and lemonade, tequila and lemonade.
How to make this drink:
This two ingredient highball is one of the easiest drinks you can make. Simply toss your two ingredients together and give them a good stir. You should be able to whip this one up in 2 minutes or so.
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 4 oz Lemonade
- optional garnish: lemon wheel
- optional garnish: maraschino cherry
As you get started make sure you have everything needed to make this drink including lemonade, cherry vodka, jigger, highball glass, ice, cocktail shaker and Hawthorne strainer or bar spoon.
Grab up some ice and use it to fill your highball glass. The highball glass should be filled almost to the top with ice.
note: You can build this drink either directly in your glass or in a cocktail shaker. The step by step instructions below will go over how to make it directly in the glass.
If you want to make this cocktail in the shaker, go ahead and fill your shaker with ice as well. Then, for your ingredients directly into the shaker shake it well and strain from the shaker into your glass.
Using the jigger go ahead and measure out 2 oz of cherry vodka. Toss the cherry vodka into your highball glass with the ice.
Using the jigger go ahead and measure out 4 oz of lemonade. Toss the lemonade into the highball glass with your cherry vodka and ice.
note: instead of measuring for this step, you can simply use the bottle of lemonade to top your glass off. If you do this it will usually be a little more than 4 oz and can increase the lemonade flavor of the drink.
Finally, you need to get your drink mixed well. You have two options for this. You can either do it directly in the glass or with a shaker.
To do it directly in the glass, grab a bar spoon. Then, use the bar spoon to stir your drink well.
To do it with a shaker, carefully dump the contents of your glass into the shaker. Then, dump the contents from the shaker back into the glass.
If you’d like to add a garnish, now is the time to do so. You can toss a couple of maraschino cherries either directly on top of the drink or stick them with a cocktail pic and stick it in the glass.
Cherry Vodka Lemonade
- highball glass
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- bar spoon
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 4 oz Lemonade
- Lemon wheel optional garnish
- Maraschino Cherry optional garnish
- Get together all the items needs for this cocktail.
- Take some ice and toss it into the highball glass. It should be almost to the top.
- Take the cherry vodka and the jigger. Measure out 2 oz of cherry vodka. Toss it into the glass.
- Take the lemonade and the jigger. Measure out 4 oz of lemonade. Toss it into the glass.Note: You can skip measuring the lemonade if you want. Instead of using the jigger, simply top the glass off with lemonade.
- To mix the drink up, there are two methods:1) Toss the contents of the glass into the shaker and then from the shaker back into the glass.2) Stick the bar spoon into the glass. Give it a few good stirs.
- If adding an optional garnish – 1) Pop a few cherries on top of the drink.2) Cut a lemon into wheels. Cut a notch in the side of the wheel and put it on the rim of the glass.
- Also fill the shaker with ice.
- Measure the ingredients into the shaker.
- Put the top on the shaker.
- Shake it up for 15 seconds or so.
- Put the strainer on top of the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the glass.
Leave a Reply