Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Enter the dragon. The seven-headed dragon shot that is! If you’re looking to breathe some fire this is the drink for you.
What is a Seven Headed Dragon Shot?
A second-headed dragon shot is a drink that is equal parts wild turkey, Jack Daniels, 151 rum, RumpleMintz, jagermeister, Jim beam and goldschlager. This shot is extremely strong. It’s has undertones of oak caramel and licorice which are followed by a bite from the rum and spicy hits of cinnamon and refreshing peppermint.
Wild turkey, Jim beam and Jack Daniels are all different types of whiskeys or bourbons. They contribute a lot of the oaky and caramel flavors to this shot.
151 is an overproof Gold rum. Overproofed means that it contains a larger alcohol by volume than liquors typically do.
Rumplemintz and goldschlager are both flavored schnapps. Coach lager is a cinnamon flavor and rumplemintz is a peppermint flavor.
Jägermeister is a spicy herbal liqueur. It tends to have a strong licorice type flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
With how strong this shot is you probably want to save it for only certain occasions like:
- birthday parties
- college parties
- bachelor and bachelorette parties
This is not an IBA standard shot, but it’s typically just made with the equal parts of all seven liquors listed. However, if you wanted to make a similar flavored drink and substitute a couple things here are a few ideas:
- Add Fireball. If you don’t have any goldschlager you could use Fireball whiskey which is a cinnamon flavored whiskey. Additionally, there are other brands of cinnamon schnapps other than golschlager which you could certainly use.
- Add regular peppermint schnapps. Rumplemintz is a branded type of peppermint schnapps. You could use a different brand instead.
- Add in a simple syrup. Use a cinnamon simple syrup instead of goldschlager or a peppermint simple syrup instead of RumpleMintz.
How to make this drink:
This drink is not difficult to make, but because it has so many ingredients it will take around 8 minutes or so.
- .25 oz Jim bean
- .25 oz Jack daniels
- .25 oz Wild turkey
- .25 oz Rumplemintz
- .25 oz Jager
- .25oz Goldschlager
- .25 oz 151 Rum
Make sure you’ve got everything needed for the drink including goldschlager, Jim beam, Jack Daniels, wild turkey, jagermeister, 151 rum, rumplemintz, shot glass, ice, jigger, cocktail shaker and hawthorn strainer.
Make sure to toss a couple handfuls of ice into your shaker.
Measure up 0.25 oz of 151 rum and pour it into the shaker.
Measure up 0.25 oz of jagermeister imported into the shaker.
Measure up 0.25 oz of wild turkey and pour it into the shaker.
Measure up 0.25 oz of Jack Daniels and pour it into the shaker.
Measure up 0.25 oz of Jim beam and pour it into the shaker.
Measure up 0.25 oz of goldschlager and pour it into the shaker.
Measure up .25 oz of rumplemintz and pour it into the shaker.
Pop the top on the cocktail shaker and shake everything up for about 20 seconds or until the shaker becomes cold.
Pop the top off the cocktail shaker and strain your drink from the shaker into the shot glass.
Seven Headed Dragon Shot
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- .25 oz Jim Bean
- .25 oz Jack Daniels
- .25 oz Wild Turkey
- .25 oz Rumplemintz
- .25 oz Jager
- .25 oz Goldschlager
- .25 oz 151 rum
- Fill the cocktail shaker to the top with ice.
- Measure .25 oz of Jim Bean with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Measure .25 oz of Jack Daniels with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Measure .25 oz of Wild Turkey with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Measure .25 oz of Rumplemintz with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Measure .25 oz of Jager with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Measure .25 oz of Goldschlager with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Measure .25 oz of 151 rum with the jigger. Pour it into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker with the lid and shake well. The shaker will get cold, this usually takes about 15 seconds.
- Remove the shaker lid and put the strainer on the shaker.
- Strain the drink from the shaker into the shot glass.