Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Whiskey Lovers rejoice! This four horsemen shot is the perfect combination of four different whiskeys all mixed together.
🥃 What is a Four Horsemen Shot?
A four horsemen shot is a combination of the following for whiskeys: Jim beam Kentucky bourbon, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee whiskey, Johnny Walker Scotch and Jameson Irish whiskey. It’s name comes from the fact that the four ingredients are all J named liquors.
This drink sort of like the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse comes in with a blast. It has a smooth and oaky flavor with a little bit of bitterness and a touch of caramel.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This drink is pretty strong, but also easy to make. You might try serving it at times like:
- Birthday parties
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties
- College parties
If you’d like to try changing it up a little, try a few of these ideas:
- Switch out the brands. Though this shot is typically made with the 4 J brands mentioned above, you could certainly use other types of whiskey as long as they are still scotch, Irish whiskey, Tennessee whiskey and Kentucky bourbon.
- Skip the shaker. If you don’t want the ice when you shake it in the shaker to dilute your drink at all, you can simply pour your four even parts into the shot glass.
- Make it a four horsemen of the Apocalypse shot: Use goldschlager, 151 rum, rumplemintz and jägermeister.
- Make it a four horsemen go hunting. Add in a little wild turkey with the other four ingredients.
- Make it a four horsemen in a boat shot. Take out the Jameson and add in Jose cuervo tequila and Grand Marnier.
- Make it a flaming four horsemen shot. Float a little 151 rum on the top and then the light this baby on fire!
- .5 oz Jim Beam Bourbon
- .5 oz Johnnie Walker Scotch
- .5 oz Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- .5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
Gather up everything you need for this one including Jameson Irish whiskey, Jim beam Kentucky bourbon, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee whiskey, Johnny Walker Scotch, jigger, shot glass, ice, Hawthorne strainer and cocktail shaker.
Talks a few handfuls of ice into your shaker to make sure it’s filled to the top.
Snatch up your Jack Daniels. Measure out .5 oz with the jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Snatch up your Johnnie Walker’s Scotch. Measure out 0.5 oz with the jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Snatch up your Jim beam. Measure out 0.5 oz with the jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Snatch up the Jameson’s. Measure out 0.5 oz with the jigger and toss it into the cocktail shaker.
Go ahead and stick the top onto the cocktail shaker. Shake it up so that the outside of the sugar becomes cold. This usually takes around 15 to 20 seconds.
Pop the top off the shaker and strain your shot from the shaker into the shot glass. Enjoy!
Four Horsemen Shot
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- .5 oz Jim Beam
- .5 oz Jack Daniels
- .5 oz Johnnie Walker
- .5 oz Jameson's
- Fill your cocktail shaker to the top with ice.
- Take the Johnnie Walker and measure .5 oz with the jigger. Then, toss it into the shaker.
- Take the Jack Daniels and measure .5 oz with the jigger. Then, toss it into the shaker.
- Take the Jim Beam and measure .5 oz with the jigger. Then, toss it into the shaker.
- Take the Jameson's and measure .5 oz with the jigger. Then, toss it into the shaker.
- Place the lid onto the shaker and shake well. Typically around 15 – 20 seconds should do it.
- Take the shaker lid off and place the hawthorne strainer on the shaker.
- Pour the shot into the shot glass.