Does vodka and apple cider taste good? Absolutely yes it does! The lightly sweet apple taste of cider combined with crisp bite of vodka is a perfect combination.
What is a vodka and apple cider?
A vodka and apple cider is a simple two ingredient vodka cocktail that has a light and refreshing taste of apples with a strong bite of alcohol in the vodka on the back end. This drink can be served cold or warm and is perfect for fall or winter nights.
Vodka is a clear liquor that tends to be thought of as pretty tasteless with the exception of the strong bite of alcohol as it goes down. It is made from distilling grains such as rye or wheat or sometimes even potatoes.
Apple cider is made from pressed apples. It is similar to apple juice, but is raw unfiltered and oftentimes on pasteurized. Apple cider does not have any added sweeteners either.
Apple cider can be served cold or warm and you can use it at either temperature for this cocktail as well.
When should you make this drink
This super yummy cocktail can be used at a Friday at different occasions such as:
- Thanksgiving get togethers
- winter holidays
- fall themed parties
- Halloween get togethers
How to make this drink:
This easy cocktail just takes two simple ingredients. It only takes throwing your two liquids together and giving them a good stir. You can even multiply the ingredients by 5 or 6 to make a whole pitcher.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Apple Cider
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg or apple slice
As you get started make sure you have everything you need to make your drink. This should include jigger, glass, bar spoon, vodka, apple cider. And, if you choose to use a garnish, cinnamon or nutmeg or an apple slice.
Note: You can use either a rocks glass or highball glass for this cocktail. Either work perfectly well.
Pro tip: when you get ready to mix this drink up you can do so either straighten the glass or you can use a cocktail shaker. To mix it straighten the glass give detailed step by step instructions below
If you want to use a cocktail shaker, simply fill your sugar with ice. Then, pour your vodka and apple cider in your shaker and shake it up. Finally, remove the top, use a Hawthorne strainer and pour your drink into your glass.
Grab some ice and fill your glass almost completely to the top.
Grab your jigger as well as your vodka. Measure 2 oz of vodka and then slowly dump your vodka from your jigger into your glass.
Grab your jigger as well as your apple cider. Measure 4 oz of apple cider and then slowly dump your apple cider from your jigger into your glass with your ice and vodka.
Pro tip: typically for drinks like this you’ll use a 2:1 ratio. However, apple cider does not have a distinctly strong taste.
Therefore, if you don’t want the liquor to be too strong in your drink you can simply cut the amount of vodka down to one to one and a half ounces. Alternatively, you could ramp up the amount of apple cider you use by an ounce or so.
Grab your bar spoon place it in your glass and give everything a good mix. You want to be sure that your ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
Garnishes are optional for this drink. If you choose to use cinnamon stick you can place that in the side of your glass and even use it to stir your drink.
If you choose to use cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkle on the top. If you choose to use an apple slice slice one piece and place it on the room of your glass.
Vodka and Apple Cider
- bar spoon
- highball glass or rocks glass
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz apple cider
- cinnamon stick or apple slice (optional garnish)
- Go ahead and gather up all of your necessary ingredients and supplies.Note: for this drink, you can mix it in a cocktail shaker or directly in your glass. Glass mixing instructions are in the step by step details below.To use a cocktail shaker: Fill the shaker up with ice.Measure out your ingredients and toss them in the shaker.Cover the shaker and then shake it well.Put the hawthorne strainer on top of the shaker and pour your drink into your glass.
- Get your glass and fill it almost to the top with ice.Note: a rocks glass or a highball glass can work for this drink.
- Get your vodka and jigger. Measure 2 oz of vodka with your jigger, then pour the vodka into your glass.
- Get your apple cider and jigger. Measure 4 oz of apple cider with your jigger, then pour the apple cider into your glass.Note: due to the light flavor of the apple cider, this 2:1 ratio leaves a pretty strong vodka flavor in the drink. If you want to temper that, add only 1.5 oz of vodka, or add a little more apple cider
- Get your bar spoon and mix your drink together well.
- If you want to add a garnish, take a cinnamon stick and add it to your glass.