Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does tequila and apple cider go well together? Yes it does in fact! This super easy cocktail is perfect for fall and winter sipping.
What is a tequila and apple cider?
A tequila and apple cider is an easy to make cocktail combines the light apple flavor of apple cider with the sweet yet strong bite of tequila as it goes down. This simple two ingredient cocktail is perfect for fallen winter time as the Apple flavor goes well with those seasons.
Tequila is a liquor that is distilled from the Blue agave plant. It comes in several varieties such as Blanco or silver and gold just to name two.
For this drink either can work. However, Blanco or silver is the most common as it has a lighter slightly more sweet flavor than the more complex dark gold tequila.
Apple cider is very similar to apple juice. The main difference is that apple cider is unfiltered, raw and often unpasteurized. Additionally, there is no added sugars or sweeteners to apple cider.
It has the same familiar Apple flavor as apple juice. However, cider tends to be slightly lighter flavored, a tad less sweet and have a little more thickness to its texture.
When to make this drink
With the ease you can make this drink it works for many different occasions. Here are just a few occasions you should try it at:
- Thanksgiving get togethers
- winter holidays
- Halloween parties
- fall time sipping
Other similar apple cider drinks: Gin and apple cider, whiskey and apple cider or vodka and apple cider.
How to make this drink:
You can have this one stirred up in under five minutes. With only two simple ingredients and no layering or other elaborate techniques needed, this cocktail is so easy to make.
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 oz Apple Cider
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg (optional)
Start out by gathering everything you’ll need for your drink. Make sure you have your highball glass, jigger, bar spoon, tequila and apple cider.
Note: But this drink you can use a highball glass or a rocks glass. Either work well.
Pro tip: mixes drink you can use a cocktail shaker or you can mix it straight in the glass. The step by step directions below are for mixing it in a glass.
If you want to use a cocktail shaker simply fill the shaker with ice. Dump your tequila and cider into your shaker and shake well. Remove the shaker top and replace it with the Hawthorne strainer and then pour your drink into your glass.
Grab your ice and fill your glass almost to the top of it.
Take your jigger and your tequila. Use your jigger to measure approximately 2 oz of tequila and then pour it into your glass with your ice.
Take your jigger and your apple cider. Use your jigger to measure approximately 4 oz of apple cider and then pour it into your glass with your tequila and ice.
Pro tip: typical drinks like this it’s a two to one ratio for alcohol and mixer. However, apple cider does not have a super strong flavor. So, if you want to dial down the alcohol flavor some simply use 1 or 1.5 oz of tequila instead of two.
Alternatively, you could use 2 oz of tequila but add another ounce or so of cider.
Use your bar spoon to thoroughly mix your drink together until everything is well combined.
Garnishes for this drink are optional. You can use some cinnamon or nutmeg if you wish or even a cinnamon stick to stir your glass.
Tequila and Apple Cider
- bar spoon
- highball glass or rocks glass
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- 2 oz tequila
- 4 oz apple cider
- cinnamon stick (optional garnish)
- Get all of your supplies and ingredients gathered together.Note: when mixing this drink, you can mix it in your glass or in a cocktail shaker. Directions for mixing in the glass are listed below.If you want to use a shaker instead:Fill shaker up with ice.Pour ingredients into shaker.Put the top on the shaker and shake it well.Replace the shaker top with a hawthorne strainer, and pour drink into glass.
- Grab some ice and fill your glass almost to the top with it.Note: a rocks glass or a highball glass work well for this drink.
- Use your jigger to measure 2 oz of tequila and pour it into your glass.
- Use your jigger to measure 4 oz of apple cider and pour it into your glass.Pro tip: apple cider has a light flavor, so this 2:1 ratio leaves a pretty strong tequila flavor. If you want it to be a little lighter on the tequila you can either use a bit more apple cider or 1.5 oz of tequila.
- Use a bar spoon and stir your drink together well.
- If you want to add an optional garnish, add a cinnamon stick to your glass.
Leave a Reply