Does squirt go with vodka? Absolutely yes, squirt goes well with vodka. This simple cocktail is full of grapefruit flavor and sweet soda fizz.
What is a vodka and squirt soda?
A vodka and squirt soda is a simple two ingredient vodka highball that is full of sweet and tart grapefruit flavor with an extra fizz from soda water and slight alcohol bite from the vodka on the tail end. This cocktail is super easy to make and very refreshing making it work well for most any occasion.
Vodka is a clear and generally pretty tasteless liquor. Usually drinks with vodka take on all the other flavors and just get a bite from the vodka. It is typically made from distilling grains such as rye or even potatoes.
Squirt is a grapefruit flavored soda that is also caffeine-free. It has the typical sweet fizzy flavor of a soda infused with a tart citrus grapefruit flavor.
When to serve this drink
This easy to make cocktail is perfect for many different occasions. Here are a few times you should think about serving it:
- casual get togethers
- drinks with brunch
- sipping in the summer
- spring celebrations
If you’d like to spice this drink up a little, here are a few variations to try:
- try a flavored vodka. In addition to regular vodka, vodka comes in many different flavors. You could try a citrus based vodka or even something like a lemon basil.
- Make your own squirt soda. If you’d like to make a lighter less sweet version of the cocktail or perhaps you can’t find squirt soda in the store. You can make your own by mixing grapefruit juice and soda water.
- add a little lime zing. Adding a quick splash or squeeze of lime juice on the top of the drink makes for a great flavor addition.
How to make this drink:
All you need for this cocktail is vodka and squirt soda. It only takes a few quick minutes to whip this drink together.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Squirt Soda
Start out making a string by ensuring that you have all of the ingredients and equipment needed including vodka, squirt soda, highball glass, ice, jigger and bar spoon.
Go ahead and fill your highball glass almost to the top with the ice.
Pick up your jigger and your vodka. Using your jigger measure 2 oz of vodka. Dump the vodka from the jigger into your highball glass over your ice.
Pick up your squirt soda. Using your jigger measure 4 oz of squirt soda. Dump the squirt soda from the jigger into your highball glass over your ice and vodka.
Note: for this cocktail we’re using a typical 2 to 1 highball ratio. However, if you don’t want to be exact in the measuring of the sport soda that is totally fine for this cocktail. Simply top the glass off with squirt. This will typically result in slightly more than 4 oz of squirt being used which can lighten the vodka flavor a bit.
To get things finished up, use your bar spoon and give your cocktail a couple good stirs.
garnishes for this one are completely optional. However, if you’d like to use one cut a lemon, lime or grapefruit slice. Then cut a notch in the pulp of the fruit and place it on the rim of your glass.
Vodka and Squirt
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Squirt Soda
- lemon, lime, grapefruit wedge (optional garnish)
- Start out by making sure that you have everything you need to make your drink.
- Fill your highball galss up with ice.
- If you want to add an optional garnish, choose if you are using a lemon, lime or grapefruit wedge.Cut your fruit into even wedges.Cut a notch in the pulp of one wedge and use the notch to secure the garnish on the rim of our glass.
- Grab your jigger and measure 2 oz of vodka. Pour your vodka into your glass.
- Grab your jigger and measure 4 oz of squirt soda. Pour your soda into your glass.
- Grab your bar spoon and stir your drink together well. Enjoy!