Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This simple, two ingredient cocktail is the perfect spring and summer sipper. Try out a vodka limeade for your next relaxing barbecue or poolside get together.
What is a Vodka Limeade?
A vodka limeade is a easy to make two ingredient highball that has the tart flavor of lime with a strong bite of alcohol as it goes down. This cocktail is super easy to make as all you need is a little vodka and some limeade.
Vodka is made distilling a grain such as rye and then fermenting it. It is known for having a rather neutral flavor. It works well if you want the other ingredients in your cocktail to shine through. Since this drink only has two ingredients, using a high quality vodka will really help the taste of the drink be smooth.
When choosing a limeade for this cocktail, You can either make your own or buy it at the store. Limeade itself is a tart citrus lime flavor mixed with sweetness from sugar.
When to Make This Drink:
This is one of the more refreshing drinks you can mix up. It is great for serving at many occasions including:
- summer sipping
- 4th of July party
- spring celebrations
- beach days
With only two ingredients it is difficult to change this drink too much. However, here are a few ideas:
- Use concentrate. Instead of using pre-made limeade, You can buy it frozen as concentrate and then instead of using water to reconcentrate it use vodka.
- Make your own limeade. Instead of buying premade limeade, make your own to have it be as fresh as possible.
- Make it sparkling. Auto splash of soda water if you want to add a little bubble to this drink.
- Use garnishes. Adding a lime wedge or sugared rim can really double down on the flavors in this cocktail.
- Use lime flavored vodka. If you want to have a super lime flavored drink, instead of using regular vodka use lime flavored vodka.
How to make this drink:
Since you only need two ingredients in a little stirring action for this one, you should be able to get it ready in 2 minutes or less. Simply toss your ingredients together and mix them up.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Limeade
As you get started, make sure you have everything necessary for the drink including vodka, ice, limeade, highball glass, jigger, cocktail shaker and Hawthorne strainer or bar spoon.
Pick up your highball glass and use the ice you have to fill up almost completely full.
note: for the instructions below, we will be building this drink directly in the glass. However, you could also build it in the shaker.
To build it in the shaker, also fill the shaker with ice. Then, measure your ingredients directly into the shaker. Pop the top on the shaker, shake it well and then strain the drink into your glass.
Pick up the vodka and jigger. Measure out 2 oz of vodka. Toss the vodka into the glass.
Pick up the limeade and jigger. Measure out 4 oz of limeade. Toss the limeade into the glass with the vodka.
Note: If you prefer to skip measuring in this step, you certainly can. Just take the limeade and pour it straight into the glass until the glass is almost full.
Lastly, you need to get everything mixed well. You can do this using a shaker or a bar spoon.
To use a shaker, carefully dump the contents of the glass into the shaker. Then, carefully dump the contents back into the glass.
To use a bar spoon, place to spoon into the glass. Then, give everything a couple good stirs.
If you want to toss on a garnish now is the time to do so. A lime wedge works well. Take a lime and cut it into slices. Then, take one wedge, cut a small notch in the pulp and place it on the rim of the glass.
- bar spoon
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Limeade
- Gather up all the needed items for this cocktail.
- Use the ice to fill the glass. It should be filled about to the top.
- Use the jigger to measure out 2 oz of vodka. Then, dump the vodka into the glass.
- Use the jigger to measure out 4 oz of limeade. Then, dump the limeade into the glass.note: instead of measuring the limeade, you can also just add it directly to the glass. Simply pour it in and top the glass off with it.
- To mix it up, you can use the bar spoon or shaker.bar spoon: place the spoon in the glass and stir the drink well.shaker: carefully toss the drink into the shaker and then back into the glass.
- add ice to the shaker also.
- Pour your ingredients straight into the shaker.
- cover the shaker and shake it well.
- Uncover the shaker, put the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the glass.