Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you love gummy bear candies, then you should try this white gummy bear shot. This easy to make shot is sweet and fruity and sure to please your taste buds.
What is a White Gummy Bear Shot?
A white gummy bear shot is a combination of raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, Sprite and sour mix. The resulting shot is clearing color. It is sweet and fruity and tastes similar to a white gummy bear.
Vodka is a clear liquor that is made by fermenting grains such as wheat or rye. Those fermented grains are then distilled to make the vodka. Raspberry vodka is a flavored vodka. It has a sweet and strong raspberry flavor.
Peach schnapps is a type of schnapps. Schnappss is made from a neutral flavored base spirit. With peach schnapps a sweet, strong peach flavor is added in.
Sprite, of course, is a type of lemon lime soda. As with other sodas it has carbonation added in causing it to be fizzy.
Sour mix is a combination of a citrus juice typically lemon (but can be lime) and sugar. Store-bought sour mix typically has a neon yellow color added to it.
Occasions to serve this shot
With its sweet candy like flavor, this shot is appropriate for a variety of different occasions including:
- holiday parties
- birthday celebrations
- dessert drinks
- casual get togethers
There are a couple ways you can change this drink up. Some of these include:
- Use a different lemon lime soda. We used Sprite and the ingredients below, there are other lemon lime sodas such a 7up that you could use in this drink.
- Make it a diet. If you are watching your calories or sugar intake you can use a diet Sprite or even a sugar-free sprite.
- Make your own sour mix. It’s super easy to make your own sour mix with a little lemon juice and a dash of simple syrup.
- Use regular vodka. Substitute regular vodka in place of the raspberry vodka for a white tea shot.
- Substitute in Jamesons. Use Irish Whiskey instead of vodka for a green tea shot.
How to make this drink:
This shot is super easy to make with only four simple ingredients. All you have to do to make this one is toss the ingredients together and give them a good shake.
- 1 oz raspberry vodka
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- .5 oz sweet and sour
- .5 oz sprite
- garnish: white gummy bear
As you get started make sure you have everything needed to make this drink including a jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, shot glass, raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, lemon lime soda and sour mix.
Go ahead and use your ice next to fill your cocktail shaker. The shaker should be filled almost to the top with the ice.
Go ahead and use your jigger to measure out 1 oz of raspberry vodka. Then dump the raspberry vodka into the cocktail shaker.
Go ahead and use your jigger to measure 1 oz of peach schnapps. Then dump the peach schnapps into the cocktail shaker with the raspberry vodka.
Use your jigger to measure 0.5 oz of lemon lime soda. And, dump the lemon lime soda into the shaker with the raspberry vodka and peach schnapps.
Use your jigger to measure 0.5 oz of sour mix. And then dump the sour mix into the shaker with the lemon lime soda, raspberry vodka and peach schnapps.
Grab the lid to your shaker and place it over the top of the shaker. Then, shake everything well for around 15 or 20 seconds. The shaker should be cold on the outside to touch when finished.
Remove the lid from the shaker and put the hawthorn strainer over top of the shaker. Then, pour your shot from the shaker into your glass.
If you’d like to add a garnish you can stick a gummy bear on the rim of your glass and then kick it back and enjoy!
White Gummy Bear Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1 oz Raspberry Vodka
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- .5 oz Sour Mix
- .5 oz Sprite
- white gummy bear optional garnish
- Gather up all the needed items for this shot.
- Toss some ice into the shaker. It should be filled up with ice.
- Grab the raspberry vodka and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of raspberry vodka and toss into the shaker.
- Grab the peach schnapps and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of peach schnapps and toss into the shaker.
- Grab the sour mix and jigger. Measure out .5 oz of sour mix and toss into the shaker.
- Grab the sprite and jigger. Measure out .5 oz of sprite and toss into the shaker.
- Grab the shaker top and cover the shaker with it.
- Shake it up for about 15 or 20 seconds. The shaker should get cold to the touch.
- Remove the shaker top.
- Place the strainer over the shaker and pour drink into the shot glass.