Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Sweet, fizzy, fruity and fun! This pretty purple blueberry mocktail is bursting with sweet summer flavor that you won’t want to put down. This easy to make, three ingredient mocktail is a great treat for kids or adults.
🍹 What is a Blueberry Mocktail?
A blueberry mocktail is a combination of blueberry simple syrup, lime juice and club soda. This really beautiful purple colored mocktail Is initially bursting with fizzy lime flavor that quickly smooths into a light, sweet blueberry taste.
We have a whole post detailing all the nitty gritty specifics on how to make your own blueberry simple syrup if you desire. Additionally, if you just need an overview, you can check out the recipe card below. Or, you can simply buy it at the store.
Mocktails, sometimes called virgin or non-alcoholic drinks, are perfect additions to any event or party. They are a great way to make sure that everyone from adults to kids have a fancy and delicious drink to enjoy.
If you’re still not sure about this mocktail, here are all the reasons why you’ll love it:
- Super easy. You only need three ingredients and about 5 minutes to stir the string together. It’s really easy to make with no special equipment, garnishes or glass rimming needed.
- Fruity and fun. This bright purple mocktail is sweet, fruity and fun. It is refreshing to drink and it’s beautiful color makes it a nice centerpiece for any get together.
- Versatile and customizable. It’s well suited for adults and kids alike. And with just a few easy tweaks, you can change the flavors up very easily.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This drink is perfect for any warm weather times such as:
- Summer afternoons
- Spring get togethers
- Pool parties
Here are a couple easy ingredient substitutions and flavor variations you should try out:
- Add honey. Make your blueberry simple syrup with honey instead of sugar for slight honey flavor. Or, you can simply stir in 1 teaspoon of honey to the drink.
- Make it spicy. Use ginger ale instead of club soda. Or, you can add one tablespoon of ginger when you make the blueberry simple syrup.
- Use a flavored seltzer water. Substitute the plain club soda for a flavored seltzer water. Blueberry, mint or citrus flavors work well.
- Muddle some mint. Double down on the refreshing flavor of this cocktail by muddling a few mint leaves in with the blueberry simple syrup to add a refreshing hint of mint.
- Skip the simple syrup. Instead of making or buying a blueberry simple syrup from the store. You can muddle a few blueberries in with sugar in water or regular plain a simple syrup. This will result in having some berry pieces in the drink.
- Garnish it up. At a couple fresh blueberries to the top of the drink or a lime wedge.
- 1.5 oz Blueberry simple syrup – store-bought or homemade. If you make from scratch you’ll need 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar.
- .5 oz Lime juice
- 5 oz Club soda
Get together everything you need for this mocktail including bar spoon, rocks glass, jigger, ice, blueberry simple syrup, club soda and lime juice.
Note: You don’t have to use a specific glass for this mocktail. We like to use a rocks glass, but you can use any glass you have.
Toss ice into the glass until it is filled to the brim.
Measure out 2 oz of blueberry simple syrup. Add the simple syrup directly to the glass.
Note: If you want to measure in cups and tablespoons, check out the amount in the recipe card below.
Measure up 0.5 oz of lime juice. Add the lime juice to the glass.
Measure out 5 oz of club soda. Or, simply pour the club soda directly into the glass. The glass should be filled to the top.
Take a spoon and place it in the glass. Stir your drink well so that everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Rocks glass
- bar spoon
- 1.5 oz Blueberry Simple syrup
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- 4 – 5 oz Club Soda
Blueberry Simple Syrup
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of blueberries into a pot.
- Heat them on medium high for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and strain out any pieces of blueberry.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Measure out 1.5 oz of blueberry simple syrup with the jigger. Pour it into the glass.*see below if you need to measure with tbs and cups instead of the jigger.
- Measure out .5 oz of lime juice with the jigger. Pour it into the glass.
- Measure out 4 – 5 oz of club soda with the jigger. Pour it into the glass.Pro tip: skip measuring the club soda and just pour it directly into the glass instead.
- Take the bar spoon and stir the drink together.
- 3 tbs blueberry simple syrup
- 1 tbs lime juice
- ½ – ⅔ cup club soda
- You can use homemade or store-bought blueberry simple syrup.
- Instead of pre-made simple syrup, you can muddle 5 blueberries with 1.5 oz of simple syrup.