Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Liven up your water by adding a little extra flare. Try out this super easy to make cucumber lemon water as it’s a refreshing and flavored hands and fused water that you’re sure to love. It’s cool, hydrating and has a little burst of zest.
🥤 What is a Cucumber Lemon Water?
Cucumber lemon water is an easy to make flavor infused water made of muddled sliced cucumbers and lemons that are then allowed to sit in water. This flavored water beverage has a refreshing and light zesty citrus flavor.
Infused water is simply a way to provide a little flavor and extra vitamins and minerals to your water. It’s a great way to help you ramp up your water intake and stay refreshed and hydrated. Other refreshing water added drinks include this watermelon aqua fresca.
In addition, cucumber water itself has been proven to have a wide array of different health benefits including lowering blood pressure, delivering antioxidants and even helping weight loss (source).
Here are a few reasons You should try this recipe:
- Health benefits. The combination of cucumber and lemon has a wide array of different health benefits including detoxification, vitamin c, decreased blood pressure, antioxidants, weight loss assistance and more.
- Helpful hydration. Not only is water itself a good hydrator, but cucumber it as well. In addition, adding a flavor into your water can help you drink more of it.
- Easy and flavorful. You should be able to get a whole picture of this put together in 5 minutes or less. You only need three simple ingredients and it’s extra flavorful to boot.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This is a super and refreshing beverage to serve at several different occasions including:
- Summer sipping
- Pool parties
📖 Top tips
All of these tips to ensure you have the best beverage possible:
- Thinly sliced. And sure that you have thinly sliced the cucumbers and lemons so that you can model them and get the most juice and flavor out possible.
- Allow it time. The longer the cucumbers and lemons sit the more flavor the water will get. You should leave it for at least an hour if possible but it will continue to get more and more flavorful over several hours.
- Don’t let it sit too long. Although they flavor continues to infuse over time you don’t want to let it sit too long. The reasons for this are that the cucumber and lemon will start to get soft and soggy into the water and also it can become a little bitter.
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Cucumber
- 8 cups of Water
Gather up everything you’ll need including cucumber, lemon, muddler or wooden spoon, water and pitcher.
Thinly slice two lemons into wheels. And then add those to the pitcher.
Finley slice half a cucumber and then add that to the pitcher as well.
Take a muddler or wooden spoon and start to model together the lemons and cucumbers. You should muddle them enough so that they have some juices coming out.
Finally, take 8 cups of water and pour it directly into the pitcher. Place the pitcher into the refrigerator for around an hour to chill and infuse before enjoying.
Cucumber Lemon Water
- highball glass
- Spoon or Ladle
- Measuring Cup
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Cucumber
- 8 cups Water
- Take the lemons and slice them up. Wheels work better than wedges.
- Take the cucumber and slice it up as well.
- Toss the lemons and cucumber into the pitcher.
- Take the muddler and smash the lemon and cucumber for a few seconds so that they are slightly broken up, but not mangled.
- Measure out 8 cups of water and add it to the pitcher.
- Give your drink a few good stirs.
- Place it into the fridge to chill for an hour or so. This way it will get cold and the flavors will have a chance to soak in.
- To serve, add some ice to a glass and pour your water into it.