Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Don’t let the kids have all the fun this summer, try out this adult Capri Sun drink at your next summer get together. These are super fun, easy and bright perfect for sipping in the sunshine.
What is an Adult Capri Sun?
An adult Capri Sun is basically a mixture of a fruit juice with a liquor mixed together in a plastic pouch that looks like a Capri Sun. The flavor of this cocktail can vary depending on which liquors and fruit juices you use.
For the adult Capri Suns that we made, we used a combination of vodka and lemonade and a combination of rum and fruit punch. The resulting drinks tasted basically like lemonade with a little bite to it and a spicy fruit punch. These are so easy to make since they are just two ingredient vodka cocktails (or whatever liquor you choose to use).
Occasions to mix this drink
With the refreshing flavor and bright colors, this drink is perfect for many summer cocktail occasions such as:
- 4th of July parties
- poolside sipping
- beach days
- spring and summer get togethers
The main key to this drink is the Capri Sun pouch. There are many different possible variations including:
- Change up the liquor. For the ones below we used vodka and Light rum, but you could use a variety of different liquors such as:
- any type of whiskey
- Change up the juice. For the ones we made below we used fruit punch and lemonade, but you can use a variety of different mixers such as:
- orange juice
- flavored lemonade such as cherry lemonade
- iced tea
- pineapple juice
- Freeze them. If you want an extra cold slushy type drink, stick it in the freezer for a little while before drinking.
How to make this drink:
This drink is super easy to make with only two ingredients needed You can whip them up and 5 minutes or less.
- 2 oz vodka or rum
- 4 oz lemonade or fruit punch
Start out by making sure you have everything you need to make your drink including straws, Capri Sun pouches, vodka, lemonade, fruit punch, light rum, jigger, shaker and ice.
Fill both your pouches and your shaker up with ice.
Grab your vodka and your jigger. Use your jigger to measure 2 oz of vodka and toss it in your shaker.
Grab your lemonade and your jigger. Use your jigger to measure 4 oz of lemonade and toss it in your shaker.
Place the top on your shaker and shake It up well. Typically it takes around 15 to 20 seconds or until the outside of the shaker is cool to the touch.
Remove the top of the shaker and place the Hawthorne strainer over the shaker. Carefully pour your drink from the shaker into your Capri Sun pouch.
If you desire, you can top off the pouch with additional lemonade.
Next up is the rum based adult Capri Sun. Take your jigger and measure 4 oz of fruit punch and dump it in your shaker.
note: Make sure to rinse your shaker out and refill it with ice before getting started.
Grab your shaker and your rum. Measure 2 oz of rum and dump it in your shaker.
Pop the top on your shaker and shake it well for 15 to 20 seconds. The outside of the shaker should be cool to touch when finished.
Remove the top of your shaker and carefully pour your drink from the shaker into your Capri Sun pouch.
If you desire, you can top the pouch off with a little additional fruit punch.
Adult Capri Sun
- Plastic Drink Pouches & Straws
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- 2 oz Vodka or White Rum any liquor works
- 4 oz Lemonade or Fruit Punch
- Get together everything necessary to make the drink.
- Add ice to both the drink pouches as well as the cocktail shaker.
- Decide if you want to use vodka or rum and measure 2 – 3 oz of it with a jigger into the cocktail shaker.note: if you are making two drinks, use 4 – 6 oz
- Decide if you want to use lemonade or fruit punch. Measure 4 – 5 oz of it with a jigger into the cocktail shaker.note: if you are making two drinks, use 8 – 10 oz
- Put the top on the cocktail shaker and shake it up for 15 – 30 seconds. The ouside of the shaker should be cold to the touch.
- Take the top off the shaker and put the strainer on top of the shaker. Pour your drink into the pouch.
- Zip the pouch shut, insert the straw and enjoy!