This crispy crunch shot tastes similarly to the candy bar with the same name. This one is a sweet and smooth shot that goes down easily. It’s super easy to whip up and sure to be a crowd-pleaser for those who like dessert drinks.
What is a Crispy Crunch Shot?
A crispy crunch shot is a combination of kahlua, brandy, creme de cacao and frangelico. It tastes like the perfect mixture of nutty, creamy chocolate.
Another chocolate flavored cocktail is the chocolate old fashioned.
Kahlua is a liqueur with rum and coffee flavors. It has a creamy, vanilla and chocolate taste as well. It’s about 20% alcohol by volume.
Frangelico is a 20% alcohol by volume liqueur. It is an Italian liqueur and has a strong hazelnut flavor to it.
Creme de Cacao comes in dark and light. Both are chocolate flavored liqueurs at around 15% alcohol by volume. The main difference is the dark creme de cacao is a dark caramel color while the light creme de cacao is a clear color.
Brandy is a liqueur with around 40% alcohol by volume. It is made via distilling wine or by fermenting fruit mash. It tends to have a sweet and fruity flavor.
When should you serve this?
This shot is relatively easy to make stuff and it’s perfect for a lot of different occasions. Sometimes you might decide to serve this one are:
- After dinner drinks
- For dessert
- Casual afternoon get togethers
- Halloween party
How to make this drink:
With four simple ingredients in a couple shakes your shot will be ready. You should be able to throw this one together in 5 minutes or less.
- .75 oz Kahlua
- .75 oz Brandy
- .75 oz Creme de Cacao
- .75 oz Frangelio
Make sure you have your brandy, kahlua, from the cacao, frangelico, shaker, strainer, jigger and shot glass ready.
Fill your cocktail shaker to the top with ice.
Use your jigger to measure .75 oz of brandy and pour that into it your Shaker over the ice.
Use your jigger to measure .75 oz of Kahlua and pour that into your shaker with the Brandy and ice.
Use your jigger to measure 75 oz of frangelico and pour that into your Shaker with the kahlua, Brandy and ice.
Use your jigger to measure .75 oz of creme de cacao and add that to your shaker with your frangelico, Kahlua, Brandy and ice.
Slap the top on your Shaker and give it a good shake. You want to do this until it’s icy on the outside which should take 15-20 seconds.
Remove the top and put your hawthorne strainer on top of your shaker. Now, go ahead and dump your shot from your Shaker into your shot glass.
Knock your shot back and enjoy!
Crispy Crunch Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Kahlua
- .75 oz Brandy
- .75 oz Creme De Cacao
- .75 oz Frangelico
- Get your ingredients and your supplies set up and ready to go.
- Fill your cocktail shaker until it is almost totally full of ice.
- Take your Kahlua and jigger and measure out .75 oz of Kahlua. Pour that into your shaker.
- Take your Brandy and jigger and measure out .75 oz of Brandy. Pour that into your shaker.
- Take your creme de cacao and jigger and measure out .75 oz of Creme de cacao. Pour that into your shaker.
- Take your frangelico and jigger and measure out .75 oz of frangelico. Pour that into your shaker.
- Take the lid to your shaker and cover the shaker with it.
- Shake everything up for 15 to 20 seconds or until the outside is icy and cold to the touch.
- Uncover the shaker and then recover it with the hawthorne strainer.
- Strain your shot into your shot glass.