Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you love thin mints, then the girl scout cookie shot is the perfect drink for you. This easy to mix up shot taste just like the chocolatey minty girl scout cookies we all know and love.
What is a Girl Scout Cookie Shot?
A girl scout cookie shot is a combination of peppermint schnapps, Kahlua and Irish cream. It tastes just like a thin mint cookie full of chocolate and minty deliciousness.
The Kahlua and Irish cream both contribute a sweet, rich and creamy flavor to the shot. They both also contribute a chocolatey flavor. The peppermint schnapps, as you can probably tell from its name, adds a little zing of mint to the flavor of the shot.
This shot is sweet and decadent and makes it perfect for an after dinner dessert shot. It is sure to be a hit with everyone at any party or celebration.
If you use creme de menthe instead of peppermint schnapps you can make this shot a bright green color making it the perfect treat for any St Patrick’s Day get together.
How to make this drink:
Although you do have to rim the glass for this shot, there aren’t any fancy layering techniques or a lot of garnishes needed. So, you can whip the shot up pretty easily in 5 minutes or less.
- .5oz Irish Cream
- .5 oz Kahlua
- .5 oz Peppermint Schnapps or Creme De Menthe
- Thin Mints for garnish
Gather together your peppermint schnapps, kahlua, Irish cream, thin mints, saucer, Hawthorne strainer, cocktail shaker, shaker, and shot glass.
Start by getting your cocktail shaker full to the top with ice.
Next, we’re going to get the glass rimmed. Do this by crushing up one or two thin mint cookies and putting them in a thin layer on a saucer.
Take your shot glass and put the rim into your cocktail shaker and run it around in the ice so that it is slightly wet.
Then, placing it rim down into your cookie crumbs brought it back and forth until the rim is coated with cookie.
Note: Thin mint cookies aren’t always available, you can use Milano cookies or grasshopper cookies anything that has that chocolate and mint cookie flavor combination.
Now we’re going to get our ingredients mixed up. Start by using your jigger to measure .5 oz of Kahlua and pour that into your cocktail shaker.
Now, use your jigger to measure .5 oz of Irish cream and pour that into your cocktail shaker with your Kahlua and ice.
Use your jigger once again to measure 5 oz, this time of peppermint stops or creme de menthe whichever you’re using and pour that into your cocktail shaker as well.
Now, put the top on your cocktail shaker and the shake it well. You want to shake for 15 to 20 seconds or until it is cold and icy on the outside.
Take the top off of your Shaker and replace it with your Hawthorne strainer. Been strain your liquid from your Shaker into your shot glass.
Kick your shot back and enjoy!
Girl Scout Cookie Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .5 oz Irish Cream
- .5 oz Kahlua
- .5 oz Peppermint Schnapps or Creme de Menthe
- 1 Thin Mint (optional garnish)
- Start out by getting everything you need to make the drink together and ready to go.
- Now, let's rim your glass.Crush up a thin mint and spread it out on a saucer.Wet the rim of your shot glass with an ice cube.Place the glass rim down into the cookie crumbles and rock it back and forth until it is coated with cookie.
- Now, fill your cocktail shaker almost totally full with ice.
- Then, use your jigger to measure .5 oz of Irish cream and pour it into your shaker.
- Use your jigger again to measure .5 of, this time of Kahlua and pour it into your shaker.
- Again use your jigger to measure .5 oz this time of Peppermint Schnapps and pour it into your shaker.Note: You can use creme de methe instead for a similar taste, but to create a green colored shot.
- Now, shake everything together by putting the lid on your shaker and shaking for around 20 seconds or until the outside of the shaker is cold to the touch.
- Remove the shaker lid.
- Put the strainer onto the top of your shaker.
- Pour your shaker contents into your shot glass.