Set your taste buds a blaze with this combination of creamy hot chocolate and cinnamon infused fireball. This fireball hot chocolate is daring and delightful bringing a spicy kick to your cozy evenings.
🍫 What is a Fireball Hot Chocolate?
A fireball hot chocolate is a warm mug of hot chocolate with a shot of Fireball stirred in. This delicious and decadent cocktail tastes sweet and rich it’s full of chocolate flavor and heavily infused with a spicy cinnamon.
With only two ingredients, this drink is really easy to make. It only takes a few minutes. The hot chocolate does take a little while to make, but it’s so easy to do. All you have to do is toss your ingredients together and give them a stir.
Here are some reasons you’re sure to love this cocktail:
- Sweet and spicy. The rich chocolate flavor combines for a perfect balance with the spicy and fiery kick of cinnamon. It creates a bold and delicious drink.
- Make it easily. There’s nothing elaborate to this drink. All you have to do is toss your ingredients together and stir them up.
- Perfect for winter weather. This warm and indulgent cocktail is perfect for cozying up with during cold winter days or nights.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
Is sweet and spicy warm drink is very versatile and well suited to be served at a variety of occasions including:
- Winter holidays
- Fall festivities
- Valentine’s Day
- Dessert drinks
Use some of these ideas if you need some ingredient substitutions or slight flavor variations:
- Make it dairy-free. Make the hot chocolate with a dairy-free alternative such as oatmeal hot chocolate.
- Add extra garnishes. Add some mini chocolate chips, a couple dashes of cinnamon or even a couple red hots.
- Make a flavored hot chocolate. Ramp up the decadent dessert flavor in the strength by making an orange hot chocolate or other flavor.
- Use a different cinnamon liqueur. Obviously Fireball is the go-to for this drink. However, if you don’t have any, you can make a similar flavored hot chocolate by using another cinnamon flavored liqueur like goldschlager.
- 6 oz Hot Chocolate – You can use instant hot chocolate or you can make your own recipe. We really like to use a dark hot chocolate made from instant mix.
- 2 oz Fireball – this is a sweet cinnamon flavored whiskey liqueur. It has a lower content than typical whiskey, but is super delicious.
- (optional garnish) Whipped Cream
Make sure you’ve gathered everything you need for this drink including Fireball, whipped cream, hot chocolate, mug, jigger and bar spoon.
Whip up a mug of hot chocolate. Either use your favorite recipe to make your own or follow the instructions on the back of the box.
Grab the fireball. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz and add it to the mug.
Grab the hot chocolate. Use the jigger or measuring cup to measure 6 oz and add it to the mug.
You can also skip measuring the hot chocolate if desired. Simply pour it directly into the mug to top it off.
Use the bar spoon to stir all of your ingredients together. Then, top the drink off with some whipped cream.
Fireball Hot Chocolate
- bar spoon
- 6 oz Hot Chocolate
- 2 oz Fireball
- Whipped Cream
- Whip up some hot chocolate either using a pack of instant or by making your own
- Pour in 6 – 8 oz of hot chocolate into the mug.
- Measure 2 oz of fireball with the jigger. Then, toss the fireball into the mug.
- Lightly stir the drink with the bar spoon.
- Add an optional dollop of whipped cream on top.