What could be better than a bomb shot and a flaming shot? Put them both together in the flaming Dr pepper shot! Even though this one is called a Dr pepper shot, it has no Dr pepper in it.
What is a Flaming Dr. Pepper Shot?
A flaming Dr pepper shot is made by dropping a shot glass of amaretto and 151 rum on fire into a highball glass of beer. This liquor combination tastes like Dr pepper hence the name.
This shot is also a bomb shot. Bomb shots are shots where you drop the shot glass of liquor or liquors into a highball glass of beer or energy drink. Other popular bomb shots include the New York bomb shot and the bear claw drink.
The 151 rum is basically overproofed around which means it has more alcohol content than typical. This allows it to easily be lit on fire. If you like shots that are on fire, try out the flaming Lamborghini and the flaming sambuca as well.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is certainly a centerpiece at any good together. Throw it together for occasions like:
- Birthday parties
- New Year’s Eve
- Bachelor of bachelorette parties
- Holiday celebrations
- Use a different almond liqueur. Amaretto is the most well-known and commonly used for the strength, but you could use a different almond liqueur.
- Use any type of beer. Now, I wouldn’t go getting a Guinness or anything, but you can use any brand of beer you like. We used a simple lager. Another easy lager drink is this lager and lime.
How to make this drink:
But this drink doesn’t have many ingredients, it does take a few minutes to make. You need to be careful when you layer the 151 rum an extremely careful when you light it on fire.
- 1.75 oz Amaretto
- .25 oz 151 rum
- 4 – 5 oz Beer
Gather everything up including amaretto, 151 rum, beer, highball glass, bar spoon, shot glass, jigger and lighter.
Pick up your Collins or highball glass and for half of the beer into it this is usually around 4 to 6 oz.
Use a jigger to measure 1.75 oz of amaretto and pour it into the shot glass.
Use the jigger to measure 0.25 oz of 151 rum. Place the bar spoon upside down just above the amaretto in a shot glass.
Then, slowly pour the 151 rum over the back of the bar spoon so it lays on top of the amaretto.
Note: be very careful during this step. Fire, of course can be dangerous. Especially when around liquor.
Take the lighter and light the 151 rum on fire.
You can either blow the 151 rum out and then drop The shot glass end of the highball glass. Or, you can take the shot glass on fire and drop it into the highball glass.
If you decide to drop the shot glass on fire into the highball glass, be extra careful. You don’t want to break anything and you definitely don’t want to burn yourself!
Flaming Dr. Pepper Shot
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- shot glass
- .75 oz Amaretto
- .25 oz 151 Rum
- 4 – 5 oz Beer
- Open the beer and pour it into the highball glass so that it's about half full.
- Take the Amaretto and jigger. Using the jigger, measure .75 oz of Amaretto and pour it into the shot glass.
- Take the 151 rum and jigger. Using the jigger, measure .25 oz of 151 rum.
- Take the bar spoon and put it into the shot glass upside down just above the amaretto. Slowly pour the 151 over the back of the bar spoon so it lays on top of the amaretto.
- (CAREFULLY) take the lighter and light the 151 on fire. After it burns for a few seconds, blow it out.
- Then, take the shot glass (careful, it might be hot) and drop it into the highball glass with the beer.
- Chug the whole drink.