Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
A New York bomb shot, sometimes called an NYC car bomb shot, it is an easy to make a drop shot. This one is great for serving at parties or other raucous celebrations.
What is a New York Bomb Shot?
A New York bomb shot is a combination of a shot glass of cognac or brandy dropped into a highball or Collins glass of longer beer. This shot is then quickly chugged. It is fruity, smooth and fizzy.
A bomb shot (sometimes called a drop shot) is when you drop a shot glass of liquor or liquor into a Collins or highball glass of beer or energy drink. The cocktail is then chugged quickly.
When to Make This Drink:
This shot is fun to serve up during times like:
- College parties
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties
- Informal get togethers
How to make this drink:
This shot is super easy and fast to whip up. Pour your shot and then drop it into your beer.
- 2 oz Cognac
- 4 oz Lager beer
Gather up everything you need to make this shot including cognac, beer, jigger, highball or Collins glass and shot glass.
Snatch up the cognac. Measure out 2 oz and drop it into the shot glass.
Snatch up the beer. Slowly poor it into the highball glass so that the highball glass is halfway filled. This will be around 4 or 5 oz.
Grab the shot glass of cognac and hold it over top of the highball glass. Drop your shot glass into the beer and chug it quickly.
New York Bomb Shot
- highball glass
- shot glass
- 2 oz Cognac
- 4 oz Lager Beer
- Get together everything you need for this drink.
- Pick up the cognac. Take the jigger and use it to measure 2 oz of Cognac. Toss that into the shot glass.
- Pick up the lager beer. Take the jigger and use it to measure 4 oz of lager beer. Toss that into the highball glass.
- Take the shot glass and hold it above the highball glass.
- Carefully drop the shot glass into the highball glass and then chug the drink.