Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Try out the funky monkey drink if you are going on a tropical vacation or if you want to feel like you are on one. This creamy, sweet drink is like a sunny summer day.
What is a funky monkey drink?
The funky monkey is a creamy and smooth cocktail filled with banana and pineapple flavor with a hint of coconut on the back end. It tastes like the first day sitting on the beach after a long earned vacation.
Similar in flavor to a dirty monkey, but not quite as sweet or complicated to make, the funky monkey is a delicious and smooth tropical flavored cocktail. If you are looking for a dessert type cocktail and love sweet and tropical flavors, then this one is for you.
Looking for other monkey themed drinks? Try out the Monkeys Lunch Cocktail.
How to make this drink:
This cocktail is pretty easy to make, most of the ingredients just get tossed into a cocktail shaker. You can make a big batch if you want for summer parties.
- .75 oz Coconut Rum
- .75 oz white rum
- 3-4 oz Pineapple Juice (top off)
- .75 oz banana liquor
- (optional garnish) banana slices
Before you get started make sure that you gathered together all of your equipment and ingredients so you have everything in one place.
Grab your cocktail shaker and fill it full of ice.
Fill your highball glass with ice as well.
Measure out ¾ of an ounce of coconut rum pour that into your Shaker with your ice.
Measure out ¾ of an ounce of banana liqueur and pour that into a Shaker with your ice and rum.
Measure out ¾ of an ounce of white rum and add that to your Shaker with your coconut rum and banana liqueur.
Secure the top on your cocktail shaker and shake well. It usually takes around 15 to 20 seconds or until the cocktail shaker is cold to the touch.
Remove the top of your cocktail shaker. Place your Hawthorne strainer on top of your cocktail shaker. And pour the liquid from your Shaker into the highball glass over your ice.
Use your jigger to pour 3 to 4 oz of pineapple juice into the highball glass as well. If you don’t want to measure your pineapple juice you can just top the glass off with pineapple juice it should hold around 3 to 4 oz at this point.
Use your bar spoon and gently give your drink a little mix in order to make the pineapple juice in.
This drink has an optional garnish of banana slices. To add these simply peel a banana cut off a medium thick slice or two and add them either to the top of the glass or on the edge of the rim.
Now you’re ready to enjoy!
Funky Monkey Drink
- highball glass
- bar spoon
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- ¾ oz Coconut Rum
- ¾ oz White Rum
- 3 – 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- ¾ oz Banana Liqueur
- Banana Slices (optional Garnish)
- Fill up your glass and cocktail shaker with ice. Both should be filled almost to the top.
- Using your jigger, measure ¾ oz of coconut rum and add it to your cocktail shaker.
- Using your jigger, measure ¾ oz of white rum and add it to your cocktail shaker.
- Using your jigger, measure ¾ oz of banana liqueur and add it to your cocktail shaker.
- Close your shaker off by putting the top on it and shake it well for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Take the top off of the shaker. Place the Hawthorne strainer over the shaker.
- Pour/Strain your drink from the cocktail shaker into your glass.
- Using your jigger, measure 3 or 4 oz of pineapple juice and pour into the glass. You can also just pour the pineapple juice straight into the glass to top it off instead.
- Take your bar spoon and give everything a stir to mix it together.
- (optional garnish) Cut a few slices from a banana, stick them on a cocktail pick or on the rim of your glass.
Leave a Reply