Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is Jager good with mountain dew? Yes, jager and mountain dew result in a spicy citrusy fizzy drink that anyone would love.
What is a Jager and Mountain Dew?
A Jager and mountain dew is an easy to make two ingredient highball that has a very sweet citrusy fizzy flavor highlighted with an herbal spice from the Jager. This cocktail is also sometimes known as a dewmeister or a Jager and Dew.
Jagermeister, commonly called simply jager, Is a liqueur that was originally developed in Germany. As highlighted on the bottle, it is a combination of 56 different herbs and spices.
This results in a very complex, robust herbal flavor. Some of the predominant flavors you can pick up are: licorice, anise, ginger, juniper berries.
Mountain dew is a is a very sweet citrus flavored soda. So, as you may expect it has a carbonation like other sodas. The citrus flavor is a little more complex than a plain lemon lime like a Sprite as it has almost an orange flavor added in. Additionally, mountain dew is jam packed with caffeine and one of the highest caffeinated sodas you can find.
If you’re looking to mix your flavor profiles up a little bit, you can use some of the other mountain dew flavors such as code Red or Baja blast instead of original mountain dew for this highball.
Some other similar mountain dew cocktails are: Whiskey and mountain dew and Gin and Mountain Dew.
How to make this drink:
This drink is simple and easy to make. You can toss this one together in under five minutes.
- 2 oz Jager
- 4 oz Mountain Dew
To start out make sure you have everything you need to make your drink including: jager, mountain dew, highball glass, jigger, ice and bar spoon.
Go ahead and take your ice and your glass and fill your glass almost to the top with ice.
Next, take your jigger and your jagermeister. Use your jigger and measure 2 oz of jagermeister. Then, carefully pour your jager into your glass.
Then, take your jigger and your mountain dew. Use your jigger to measure 4 oz of mountain dew. Then carefully pour your mountain dew into your glass with your jager and your ice.
Note: when making this highball you don’t have to have exact measurement especially with your mountain dew. If you’d like a little bit of a lighter jagermeister flavor, simply top your glass off with mountain dew. If you’d like a little heavier jagermeister flavor, simply add a little less mountain dew.
Finally, you need to give everything mixed together. To do this, use your bar spoon and mix thoroughly.
Garnishes for this cocktail are optional. If you’d like to add one, a simple lemon or lime slice on the rim of your glass works beautifully.
Jager and Mountain Dew
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Jager
- 4 oz Mountain Dew
- lemon or lime wedge as optional garnish
- Gather together all the items you need to make your drink.
- Take your glass and fill it almost to the top with ice
- Take your jigger and jager and measure out 2 oz of jager. Toss the jager into your glass.
- Take your jigger and mountain dew and measure out 4 oz of mountain dew. Toss the mountain dew into your glass.Note: If you want to just top the glass off with mountain dew instead of measuring it out, that also works fine.
- Take your bar spoon and then place it into your glass. Mix your drink up well.
- If you plan to add an optional lemon or lime wedge as a garnish:Slice a lemon or lime into even wedges.Take one wedge and cut a notch in the middle of the pulp.Place the wedge on the rim of the glass using the notch you cut.
Leave a Reply