Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a sweet, fruity and uniquely named cocktail? Try out the pornstar martini. This one is a beautifully colored and super yummy flavored cocktail.
What is a Pornstar Martini?
A pornstar martini is a cocktail made from passion fruit liqueur, passion fruit juice, vanilla vodka, lime juice and a little simple syrup. It is typically served with a glass of sparkling wine such as prosecco on the side. This cocktail is not a true martini but does carry the martini name. It was created in the early 2000s by a bar owner named Douglas Ankrah.
Vanilla vodka is a clear colored liquor that has a vodka base and an extra flavoring of vanilla added in by infusing the vodka with vanilla beans. Vodka itself is a nearly tasteless liquor that is made by distilling grains such as rye or even potatoes.
Passoa is a passion fruit liqueur It was made in the late 1980s. It originated in France, but has become popular in many different cocktails with its sweet passion fruit flavor. It is 20% alcohol by volume.
The passion fruit juice used in this cocktail is purely choose from a passion fruit as you would imagine. You can also use actual pulp from a fresh passion fruit in replacement of the juice.
The combination of lime juice and simple syrup is a resulting sweet and sour mixer. It has a flavor of citrusy tartness combined with sweet that it imparts to any cocktail it’s mixed in.
When to mix this drink
This drink is a fun, sweet and fruity edition for many different serving occasions. Try it out at one of these times:
- dinner parties
- brunch get togethers
- formal dinners
- evening BBQs
- Summer get togethers
There are a few different ways to mix this cocktail up. Here are a few different variations:
- Pump up the vanilla. Instead of using plain simple syrup, use vanilla simple syrup which will combine well with the vanilla vodka.
- use regular vodka. Although the original recipe calls for vanilla vodka, you could use regular vodka if it’s all you have. If you choose to do this try to make sure you add in the vanilla simple syrup suggested above.
- Use real passion fruit. Instead of using passion fruit juice, make your own by using a equivalent amount of fresh passion fruit pulp in your cocktail.
How to make this drink:
Even though this drink has a complex taste and a fancy presentation, it’s not too difficult to make. Oh you really need to do is mix together your couple of ingredients and you’re good to go.
- 1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1.5 oz Passion Fruit Liqueur
- .5 oz passion fruit puree or juice
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Sparkling Wine in shot glass on the side
Start out by ensuring that you have everything you need to make your drink including vanilla vodka, passion fruit liqueur, passion fruit juice or fresh passion fruit, lime juice, simple syrup and prosecco or another sparkling wine.
note: You can serve this drink in a martini glass as it is called a martini. However, it is also often served in a coupe glass. So either glass will work.
Go ahead and fill your cocktail shaker full of ice. And make sure you have chilled your sparkling wine.
Pick up your jigger and your vanilla vodka and measure 1.5 oz of vanilla vodka. Dump the vanilla vodka into your cocktail shaker.
Next, pick up your passion fruit liqueur and using your jigger again measure 1.5 oz of passion fruit liqueur and dump that into your cocktail shaker.
Again using your jigger, measure out 5 oz of lime juice and dump that into your cocktail shaker as well.
next, grab your simple syrup and use your jigger to measure .5 oz of that. Then, dump the simple syrup into your cocktail shaker.
grab your passion fruit juice and use your jigger to measure. 5 oz. Then, dump the passion fruit juice into your cocktail shaker.
Note: If You want to use fresh passion fruit pulp or puree instead of juice. Go ahead and cut up a fresh passion fruit, remove the seeds. Then puree or muddle the flesh until you have 2 oz and add that to your cocktail shaker.
Now, you need to get everything mixed together. Go ahead and place the top on your cocktail shaker and shake well. This may take about 20 to 30 seconds as you want the outside of the shaker to be cool to touch when you finish
Remove the cocktail shaker top and replace it with your Hawthorne strainer. Then, go ahead and strain your drink from your shaker into your glass.
Grab your shot glass, jigger and prosecco. Use your jigger to measure 2 oz of prosecco in pour it into shot glass.
Finally, if you’d like to add a garnish, cut a slice of passion fruit and float it on the top of your martini. Then serve your martini or coop glass with the shot of prosecco on the side.
- coupe glass or martini glass
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1.5 oz 1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1.5 oz Passion Fruit Liqueur
- .5 oz passion Fruit puree or juice
- .5 oz Lime juice
- .5 oz Vanilla simple syrup
- 2 oz sparkling wine/prosecco served on the side in a shot glass
- Gather up all of your equipment and ingredients for making the drink.
- Fill your cocktail shaker full of ice. And pop your martini or coupe glass and shot glass into the freezer to chill.
- Use your jigger and toss 1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka into your cocktail shaker.
- Use your jigger and toss 1.5 oz passion fruit liqueur into your cocktail shaker.
- Use your jigger and toss .5 oz passion fruit juice into your cocktail shaker. Alternatively you can use about .5 – 1 oz of passion fruit puree.
- Use your jigger and toss .5 oz lime juice into your cocktail shaker.
- Use your jigger and toss .5 oz Vanilla simple syrup into your cocktail shaker. If using vanilla vodka, you can use regular simple syrup.
- Cover the shaker and shake it well until the outside is cold to the touch.
- Take the top off your shaker and cover the shaker with your hawthorne strainer.
- Pour your drink into your coupe or martini glass.
- Take your shot glass and add 2 oz of Prosecco or sparkling wine and serve the shot glass on the side of the martini.