Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Nothing feels more like the beach and vacation than a delicious piece of Key Lime Pie. Unfortunately, we can’t always be at the beach. Fortunately, you can bring a bit of that getaway feeling back with this amazing Key Lime Martini.
What is a Key Lime Martini?
A Key Lime martini is like dessert in a glass. It combines several distinctly tropical flavors, like coconut, pineapple, and key limes and mixes them into a delicious cocktail topped off with an irresistible graham cracker crumb rim. It has similar ingredients to that of an almond joy martini.
If you love key lime pie, try the key lime pie shot also.
This is a dessert martini, through and through. However, many other dessert drinks, like the Chocolate Martini, Chocolate Peppermint Martini, or the decadent Chocolate Strawberry Martini (can you tell we like chocolate?), are pretty rich and heavy and are more suitable for the holidays and colder times of the year. The Key Lime Martini is a good reminder of warmer days in the Winter but it is at its best as a Summer sipper.
How to make this drink:
This is a pretty simple martini to make. The most difficult part is getting enough graham cracker on the rim of the glass.
Martini glass (this is the set we use personally)
Jigger (we use the jigger and shaker from this set)
2 oz Malibu coconut rum
½ oz Vanilla Vodka
1 oz Simple Syrup or ½ oz Pineapple juice
1 oz Heavy cream
¼ oz whipped cream vodka (float)
¾ oz Key lime juice or 1 key lime squeezed to taste
1 lime or key lime wedge garnish and to wet glass rim for graham crackers
¼ cup Graham Crackers 3-5 crackers depending on size
Chill your martini glass
Break up around 3 to 5 graham crackers into small crumbs and place them on a dish or in your glass rimmer
Fill a cocktail shaker ¾ of the way full of ice
Add in the Malibu, Vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, heavy cream, key lime juice
Place the lid on your cocktail shaker and shake until the outside starts to form ice crystals
Take out your chilled martini glass
Get the rim of your glass wet with a bar sponge and simple syrup from your glass rimmer or a lime wedge
Dip the into the graham cracker crumbs; rolling the rim around until you have a thick coat
Remove the lid from the shaker and pour your drink into the martini glass using a Hawthorne strainer
Float whipped cream vodka on top of your cocktail
Garnish with lime or key lime wedge and enjoy!
Key Lime Martini
- Martini glass
- cocktail mixer
- glass rimmer
- Hawthorne strainer
- 1½ oz Malibu coconut rum
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Simple syrup or ½ oz Pineapple juice
- 1 oz Heavy cream
- ¾ oz Key lime juice or 1 key lime squeezed
- ¼ oz whipped cream vodka optional garnish
- 1 lime or key lime wedge garnish and to wet glass rim for graham crackers
- ¼ cup Graham Crackers 3-5 crackers depending on size
- Chill your martini glass
- Fill a cocktail shaker ¾ full with ice
- Add in 1½ oz of Malibu
- Add in 1 oz of Vanilla vodka
- Add in 1 oz Simple syrup or ½ oz of Pineapple juice
- Add in 1 oz of Heavy cream
- Add in ¾ oz of key lime juice or squeeze 1 fresh key lime
- Place lid on mixer and shake until the outside of the shaker ices over
- Take out your chilled martini glass, wet the rim (with bar sponge, lime, etc) and dip it into the graham cracker crumbs
- Pour drink through Hawthorne strainer into the glass
- Add in ¼ oz of Whipped Cream Vodka as a float
- Garnish with lime or key lime wedge