Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is RumChata and cream soda good? The answer is a resounding and absolute yes! RumChata and cream soda is super delicious and so easy to make.
What is a Rumchata and Cream Soda?
RumChata and cream soda is a super easy to make two ingredient highball cocktail. It’s sort of tastes like the foam off the top of a root beer float. It is really creamy with a little fizz and it has a smooth cinnamon spice mixed with vanilla.
RumChata is a sweet and creamy cinnamon flavored liqueur. It is made with cinnamon, cream, rum and sugar. Rumchata based cocktails, often times are sweeter dessert drinks.
Cream soda, as you may know, is a very sweet sort of vanilla almost a cream float tasting drink. It lends a sweetness and fizziness to this cocktail.
In fact, cream soda cocktails are super tasty. Some other mixers for cream soda include Fireball and cream soda or vodka and cream soda.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is particularly versatile and can be served up at occasions including:
- Casual get togethers
- Winter celebrations
- After dinner drinks
- Girls or guys night out
Seeing as how there are only two ingredients in this drink, there aren’t a lot of ways to vary it. However, here are a few things to try:
- Change up the ratios. We like to do a two to one ratio cream soda to RumChata. However, if you want to crank the liquor content up a little you can increase the RumChata or if you want to crank it down you can decrease the RumChata.
- Add a garnish. Crank up the cinnamon flavor with a cinnamon stick in your glass. Or try a dollop of whipped cream to really capitalize on the creamy sweetness.
- Change up the cream soda. Use caffeine free or zero sugar cream soda if you have some dietary restrictions.
- Make a cinnamon roll. Add a dash of Fireball whiskey to make a cinnamon roll cocktail.
How to make this drink:
If you have two minutes, then you’ll be able to stir the drink up. Toss the two ingredients in your glass and mix them together.
- 2 oz Rumchata
- 4 oz Cream Soda
Gather together everything you need including jigger, bar spoon or cocktail shaker, cream soda, RumChata, ice and highball glass.
Take your ice and dump it into the highball glass. The ice should fill the glass to the top.
Take the RumChata and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of RumChata. Then, dump the RumChata into the highball glass.
Take the cream soda and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 4 oz of cream soda. Then, dump the cream soda into the highball glass.
Pro tip: If you want to speed things up, skip the measuring with the jigger on this step. And, simply pour the cream soda into the glass until the glass is topped off.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure that your ingredients are mixed together. You have two options to do this:
Use a bar spoon to gently stir your drink together.
Use a cocktail shaker. Gently toss the cocktail from the glass into the shaker and then back into the glass.
RumChata Cream Soda
- bar spoon
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz RumChata
- 4 oz Cream Soda
- Ensure you have gathered up all the ingredients and equipment needed for the drink.
- Use the ice to fill the highball glass up to the top.
- Grab the RumChata. Measure 2 oz of RumChata with the jigger and pour into the glass.
- Grab the Cream Soda Measure 4 oz of Cream Soda with the jigger and pour into the glass.Pro Tip: as an alternative to measuring with the jigger, you can just pour the cream soda directly in the glass. Top the glass off with cream soda.
- Finally, you will need to mix the drink using one of the following two methods:1) Gently pour the contents of the glass to the shaker and then into the glass.2) Put the spoon in the glass and stir well.
Leave a Reply