Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is Fireball and cream soda good? Yes! Fireball and cream soda is a super delicious and easy to make cocktail that tastes sort of like a cinnamon roll.
What is a Fireball and Cream Soda?
A fireball and cream soda, sometimes called a cinnamon roll shot or cocktail, is a super easy to make two ingredient drink. It is a ratio of 2 to 1 cream soda to Fireball. The resulting cocktail tastes like drinking a fizzy red hot.
Fireball is a cinnamon flavored whiskey liqueur. It contains 33% alcohol by volume. It is made by combining Canadian whiskey, sweetener and cinnamon flavor. The resulting whiskey liqueur is a sweet and smooth yet very spicy cinnamon flavor.
Cream soda, like any other soda, is a fizzy carbonated drink. It is a very sweet drink that has a creamy vanilla flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
This cocktail is fun to serve out of a variety of occasions including:
- holiday parties
- guys or girls night out
- afternoon sipping
Would only two ingredients, there isn’t much to change up in this drink. However, here are a few ideas to try:
- Add a little RumChata. RumChata is also a cinnamon creamy flavored liqueur. Adding a little splash of this really adds to the creamy cinnamon flavor. And is commonly used in cinnamon roll shots.
- Make it a shot. Use 1 oz of Fireball and 2 oz of cream soda to make this a shot. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you want to make it extra decadent.
- Make it in a large batch. With the flavor and fizz of this cocktail, it works well to serve at large parties. Simply multiply the ingredients by five or six times and serve them in a punch bowl.
- Use caffeine free or zero sugar cream soda. Some cream sodas are already caffeine-free depending on the brand. If you want to watch your sugar content, you can use a sugar-free cream soda.
How to make this drink:
You should be able to whip this cocktail up in 2 minutes or less. Simply dump your ingredients into a glass and mix them together.
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Cream Soda
Get started by collecting everything necessary for this cocktail including ice, jigger, bar spoon, highball glass, Fireball whiskey and cream soda.
Take your highball glass and toss some ice into it. The ice should fill the glass to the top.
Take the fireball whiskey and jigger. Measure out 2 oz of Fireball whiskey with the jigger. Then, pour this into the glass over the ice.
Take the cream soda and jigger. Measure out 4 oz of cream soda with the jigger. Then, pour this into the glass with the fireball and ice.
Note: if you prefer to simply fill the glass with cream soda directly instead of measuring you can do so. Just pour the cream soda into the glass and skip the jigger.
Make sure you got everything combined well. To do this, you can use either of the cocktail shaker or bar spoon.
To use a cocktail shaker: carefully dump the drink from the glass to the shaker and then back to the glass. Make sure not to do this to vigorously or the cream soda will fizz up.
To use a bar spoon: carefully stick the spoon into the glass. Then, give the drink a few good stirs.
Fireball and Cream Soda
- bar spoon
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Cream Soda
- Gather up all of the things you need for this cocktail.
- Pick up the glass and ice. Fill the glass about to the top with ice.
- Pick up the fireball and jigger. Pour out 2 oz of fireball with the jigger and dump it into the glass.
- Pick up the cream soda and jigger. Pour out 4 oz of cream soda with the jigger and dump it into the glass.note: if you would like to just add the cream soda straight into the glass, you can. Skip the jigger and then just top the glass off with cream soda.
- Mix the drink up using one of the following two ways:1) Pour the drink into the shaker and then back into the glass.2) Put the bar spoon in the glass and stir it up.