What says holidays more than sugar cookies? I’d say pretty much nothing, except maybe this sugar cookie milk! This flavored milk is super easy to make with only two ingredients. And, it’s sure to make your taste buds dance.
🥛 What is a Sugar Cookie Milk?
Sugar cookie milk is an easy to make flavored milk that is a combination of sugar cookie syrup and the milk of your choice. The resulting drink is rich, creamy and tastes like a liquid sugar cookie.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you will definitely love this recipe:
- It’s simple. You only need two ingredients for this one. You can certainly have it stirred up in just a few minutes.
- Packed with holiday flavor. The sweet, buttery flavor of sugar cookies melted into milk is basically like drinking the holidays.
- A perfect treat. Adults and kids are sure to love this flavored milk. It has just the right amount of sweet creaminess for everyone.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This drink is perfect for serving at many different times including:
- Winter holidays
- New Year’s Eve
- A sweet treat
If you need flavor variations or ingredient substitutions, then check these out:
- Make it dairy-free. Use a dairy-free alternative to regular milk such as oat milk, soy milk or almond milk. Be sure to use a non-flavored version.
- Change up your milk type. We prefer 2% milk and that’s what we used in the recipe below. However, you can use whole milk, reduced fat milk or anything you like.
- Adjust the flavor. You can ramp up the sweet flavor by adding a little more sugar cookie simple syrup or dial it back by adding less.
- 2 oz Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup – make your own with 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ butter extract, ¼ almond extract, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water. Or, you can make this go faster and use store-bought.
- 4 oz of Milk – We like to use 2% milk, but you can use whatever your favorite kind is.
Collect everything you need to make this flavored milk including glass, ice, sugar cookie simple syrup, jigger, milk and cocktail shaker.
Note: We Like to use a rocks glass or highball glass for this drink, but you can use any type you prefer.
Toss some ice into the glass. They should be filled to the top.
Note: We decided to build this directly in the glass. You can build it in the a shaker if you want. If you don’t have a shaker, then you can use any jar with a lid such as a mason jar.
Measure out two ounces of sugar cookie syrup and add it to the glass.
Note: If you want to use cups instead of ounces for measurement, check out the amounts in the recipe card below.
Measure out 4 oz of milk and add it to the glass.
Grab the bar spoon and use it to stir the drink up well.
Sugar Cookie Milk
- Hawthorne strainer optional
- cocktail shaker optional
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Sugar Cookie Syrup if making from scratch, instructions are below; You will need 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ butter extract, ¼ almond extract, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water
- 4 oz Milk
Sugar Cookie Syrup
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ butter extract, ¼ almond extract, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a pot.
- Heat on medium; simmering for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a container and stick in the fridge to chill.
Sugar Cookie Milk
- Toss ice into a highball glass.
- Measure 2 oz of sugar cookie syrup with the jigger and pour into the glass.*see below if you want to measure in cups instead.
- Measure 4 oz of milk with the jigger and pour into the glass.Or, you can just top the glass off with milk.
- Use the bar spoon to stir it all together.
- ¼ cup of sugar cookie syrup
- ½ cup of milk
- Use any type of milk including dairy free.
- Make sure the sugar cookie syrup is well cooled before using it.
- You can also shake this one together in a shaker if you prefer.