Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for an easy and sweet sipping cocktail? Try out this super easy back shot drink at your next fun occasion.
What is a Back shot Drink?
A back shot drink is a combination of sweet and sour mix, vodka and Chambord. The resulting cocktail tastes like a strong sweet black raspberry followed quickly by a little sweet and sour citrus bite.
Chambord is a black raspberry flavored liqueur. Contributes the darker color of this drink as well as the sweet fruity black raspberry flavor. The flavor and color of this liqueur makes chambord based drinks pretty popular.
Sweet and sour mix is essentially just a combination of lemon juice and sugar or simple syrup. It has a sweet flavor that is tempered by a sour citrus bite.
The majority of the alcoholic content in this drink comes from the vodka. Vodka itself tends to have a rather neutral flavor and that rings true in this drink as well.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is suitable to be served at a wide range of events and occasions including:
- after dinner drinks
- afternoon sipping
- casual get togethers
If you’d like to try a couple different ways to make this drink, give one of these ideas a go:
- Use a flavored vodka. If you’d like to ramp up some of the flavors in this drink use a flavored vodka such as raspberry vodka or even a citrus flavored vodka.
- Use homemade sweet and sour mix. For a fresher more tart flavor, mix up your own sweet and sour mix with lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Substitute the chambord. Chambord is one of the most popular black raspberry liqueurs, however, there are other brands you can use instead.
How to make this drink:
If you have 5 minutes, then you can easily get this drink made. Simply dump your three ingredients and a shaker and shake them well.
- 4 oz Sweet and sour mix
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Chambord
Before you get started, make sure you have everything you need including Chambord, sweet and sour mix, rocks glass, ice, jigger, vodka, cocktail shaker and Hawthorne strainer.
Also, fill both the shaker and the rocks glass to the top with ice.
Using the jigger, measure out 1 oz of chambord. Then, dump it into the shaker.
Using the jigger, measure out 4 oz of sweet and sour mix. Then, dump it into the shaker.
Using the jigger, measure out 2 oz of vodka. Then, dump it into the shaker.
Secure the shaker top over the shaker. Then, shake the drink well for around 15 or 20 seconds. The shaker should become icy and cold.
Pop the top of the shaker off and carefully strain the cocktail from the shaker into the rocks glass.
Back Shot Drink
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Rocks glass
- 4 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Chambord
- Collect up all of the ingredients and equipment listed above.
- Add ice to the shaker until the shaker is filled to the top.
- Pour 4 oz of Sweet and Sour mix into the jigger and then toss it into the shaker.
- Pour 2 oz of vodka into the jigger and then toss it into the shaker.
- Pour 1 oz of Chambord into the jigger and then toss it into the shaker.
- Add the shaker lid onto the top of the shaker.
- Shake the drink up for around 15 – 20 seconds. The shaker will get cold.
- Take the shaker lid off and add the strainer onto the top of the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the shot glass.