Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you like your cocktails fizzy and fruity, this Black Betty drink is a must try. It has a sweet yet light and fruity refreshing flavor that is sure to hit the spot.
What is a Black Betty Drink?
A black Betty drink is a combination of peach schnapps, blackberry liqueur, lime juice and club soda. The resulting cocktail tastes like a peach sweet tea with a giant squeeze of lime and a refreshing fizz. It is a pretty reddish orange colored drink.
Peach schnapps is a type of schnapps that has an extremely strong peach flavor. It is a very sweet liqueur. It is a low alcohol by volume drink at around 30 proof or 15% alcohol by volume.
Blackberry liqueur is a sweet liqueur that tastes like blackberry jam. There are a few variations you can use for this such as Chambord or creme de mure. Chambord based cocktails are common since they have a pretty color.
The lime juice in this drink lends a tart and tangy citrus flavor. While the club soda adds a bubble and fizz to the drink.
Occasions for this drink
With its pretty color and fizzy sweet flavor, this cocktail is perfect for occasions such as:
- casual gatherings
- summertime sipping
- afternoon drinks
Variations for this drink
There are several ways you can change this drink up such as:
- Substitute out Chambord. Chambord is actually a black raspberry liqueur that is commonly used for drinks such as this. However, if you want a more true to taste blackberry liqueur then try creme de mure or make your own blackberry liqueur.
- Make it a wild black Betty. Wild Black Betty really only has lime juice in common. You’ll substitute in two types of whiskey, grenadine and Southern comfort.
- Different ingredients. There’s actually another drink with the same name. But very different ingredients such as: dark rum, Sherry, fernet, amaro Montenegro.
How to make this drink:
To make this drink all you need is four simple ingredients and about 5 minutes. All you do is toss everything together and give it a good shake.
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz blackberry liqueur
- 2 oz lime juice
- top with club soda
To begin, make sure you have everything needed to make your drink including lime juice, club soda, peach schnapps, blackberry liqueur, highball glass, jigger and cocktail shaker or bar spoon.
Take some ice and use it to fill your highball glass up.
Use your jigger and measure out 2 oz of chambord. Go ahead and pour the chambord into the highball glass.
Use your jigger and measure out 2 oz of lime juice. Go ahead and pour the lime juice into the highball gloss with the Chambord.
You should figure it and measure out 2 oz of peach schnapps. Go ahead and pour the peach schnapps into the highball glass with the lime juice and chambord.
Take your club soda and use it to top off the drink filling it almost to the top of the glass.
Next, you need to get your drink stirred up. You have two options to do this.
First, you can carefully dump the drink from your glass into your shaker and then from your shaker back into the glass. Do be careful when doing this because the club soda can get fizzy.
The other option is to use a bar spoon. Simply take the bar spoon and put it in the glass. Then give everything a good couple stirs.
Black Betty Drink
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz Peach Schnapps
- 2 oz Blackberry Liqueur like Chambord
- 2 oz Lime Juice
- top Club Soda
- Get all of the ingredients and equipment needed for the drink.
- Fill up the highball glass with ice.
- Grab the jigger and measure 2 oz peach schnapps. Toss that into your glass.2 oz blackberry liqueur2 oz lime juice top with club soda Ice
- Grab the jigger and measure 2 oz blackberry liqueur. Toss that into your glass.
- Grab the jigger and measure 2 oz lime juice. Toss that into your glass.
- Grab the club soda and top the glass off with it.
- You can use two methods to stir the drink:1) Stick in a bar spoon and stir well.2) Gently toss the contents of the glass into a cocktail shaker and then back into the glass